Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I've installed V 5.0 in my O3DS and updated to the last version of Decrypt9WIP and if I hold L+R to start it a screen saying

Initialization: partially failed

But if I hold start that screen doesn't show. Is that a decrypt9WIP issue or AuReinand issue?

BTW, thanks a lot for this great implementation of your CFW, @Aurora Wright!

Last edited by Bullseye,

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can confirm that Taiko DLC is working without NTR with the latest update, I just made "0004000000102F00.txt" inside the /aurei/locales/ folder and wrote "JPN JP" inside the txt file. Works like a charm :D

Edit: Forgot to say, I also had to enable region emulation in AuReiNand settings (hold Select on boot)

Last edited by Lycan911,

ApolloCheese

the shy guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok, so I've installed V 5.0 in my O3DS and updated to the last version of Decrypt9WIP and if I hold L+R to start it a screen saying

Initialization: partially failed

But if I hold start that screen doesn't show. Is that a decrypt9WIP issue or AuReinand issue?

BTW, thanks a lot for this great implementation of your CFW, @Aurora Wright!

maybe one of those 4 .bin files on your sd are missing. i think the initialization when l+r are pressed is normal.

after having so much fun with my 3ds lately i feel like donating some bucks to mrs. wright...i can't find any button to donate???

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2ds with sysnand 6.0 EmuNand 10.7. I saw this and it confused me. O3DS support (on consoles which are on 7.x or greater). Does this mean I need to update my 2ds sysnand to a higher firmware to install? Also, I have rxTools right now and want to switch to this. All I need to do is remove anything associated with rxtools and copy the necessary files over to my SD card correct?

the only fw ver that matters is the emunand. Yes all you have to do is remove rxtools crap and replace it with aureinands files
Although I'm pretty sure this doesn't work with mset

Last edited by pbanj,

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
What 4 .bin files are you talking about?

maybe one of those 4 .bin files on your sd are missing. i think the initialization when l+r are pressed is normal.

after having so much fun with my 3ds lately i feel like donating some bucks to mrs. wright...i can't find any button to donate???

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so if I'm updating from 4.2 to 5.0 what files do I need to keep on my sd card and which files can I just delete? I'm using a 10.7 Emunand and want to auto boot into that and I also use the TWL patches. Do I need any firm files any more or how does that work?

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so if I'm updating from 4.2 to 5.0 what files do I need to keep on my sd card and which files can I just delete? I'm using a 10.7 Emunand and want to auto boot into that and I also use the TWL patches. Do I need any firm files any more or how does that work?
You don't need any firm files, so you aurei folder can just have your payloads folder. Make sure you either delete the config or hold select to enter it so you can make sure the settings are right

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they plan on killing the 3ds off anytime soon. They still have sun and moon coming out. They also showed some chart when they first started talking about the nx it was about stuff they where supporting. It had the 3ds and the nx on it along with the wiiu

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
AuRei is SOOO bloated now that all you need is one file... arm9loaderhax.bin. Nothing else! Just make sure that is on the root of your SD, delete all your patched/pre-patched firm files, and you should be good to go. You will need a "locales" folder inside /aurei/ only if you are planning on using the language emulation feature. And, like with all the other releases, you only need /aurei/payloads/ if you are using AuRei's chainloader.

Reactions: pbanj

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AuRei is SOOO bloated now that all you need is one file... arm9loaderhax.bin. Nothing else! Just make sure that is on the root of your SD, delete all your patched/pre-patched firm files, and you should be good to go. You will need a "locales" folder inside /aurei/ only if you are planning on using the language emulation feature. And, like with all the other releases, you only need /aurei/payloads/ if you are using AuRei's chainloader.
I wouldn't consider 52Kb bloated... Why wouldn't you just want everything in one file?

Why would I want to use sysfirm with emunand can someone explain this feature?

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't consider 57kb bloated... Why wouldn't you just want everything in one file?

Why would I want to use sysfirm with emunand can someone explain this feature?
Aha, I know lol, it's just a reference to all the cfw hooplah that happened awhile back. I totally agree with you though. Having all the features people want and then some within the CFW itself is incredible!

As for using sysfirm on emunand, where are you seeing that option?

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

What about a9lh folder and slotkeys.bin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: eyB eyB n iH iH