XP
Country
United States

oFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This only covers full install. All I want is to update stage 2 for no sreen init
I tried running the safe installer and just got a blank screen, so I figure that's probably not how to update.

Well, running the safe installer from the .bin file worked fine, reading helps lol.

Last edited by oFire,

Xinaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Press start instead of select to just update stage2.
It has a warning, just to use the update function only if it is the same fork of a9lh.
I used the old guide from plailect.

EDIT: I just got bored to wait, press both start and select.

But my boot time is around 14 sec, how do i get it lower?
I have updatedsysnand and usepatchedfw flags.
Running on 3.11 AuReiNand, my SD Card is a Samsung EVO+ 128GB (big waste of money, only 60GB ocupied).

Last edited by Xinaman,

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has a warning, just to use the update function only if it is the same fork of a9lh.
I used the old guide from plailect.

EDIT: I just got bored to wait, press both start and select.

But my boot time is around 14 sec, how do i get it lower?
I have updatedsysnand and usepatchedfw flags.
Running on 3.11 AuReiNand, my SD Card is a Samsung EVO+ 128GB (big waste of money, only 60GB ocupied).

if you use a smaller sd card, you will have lower boot times.... 128gb cards have around 15sec boots

ricosuave0922

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I removed the updatedsysnand so that it now boots directly to emunand so i can keep my sysnand at 9.2 (just to be extra safe). But now i can't figure out how to boot the sysnand. no matter what i hold i still end up in emunand or one of the other things like decrypt9 or ucart. How do i set it up so that holding nothing boots to emunand and holding L or R or something boots to sysnand?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I removed the updatedsysnand so that it now boots directly to emunand so i can keep my sysnand at 9.2 (just to be extra safe). But now i can't figure out how to boot the sysnand. no matter what i hold i still end up in emunand or one of the other things like decrypt9 or ucart. How do i set it up so that holding nothing boots to emunand and holding L or R or something boots to sysnand?
Do you have firmware.bin and firmware90.bin in your Aurei folder?

ricosuave0922

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you remove the patched firmware files?
no, should i?

EDIT

Hey, there we go. now R boots Sysnand and not pressing anything boots Emunand. Now the only other thing is that the system crashes to that Error screen that tells you to power off when i boot holding L. Is there any way to remove that? Make L do the same as R or just do nothing maybe?

Last edited by ricosuave0922,

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no, should i?

EDIT

Hey, there we go. now R boots Sysnand and not pressing anything boots Emunand. Now the only other thing is that the system crashes to that Error screen that tells you to power off when i boot holding L. Is there any way to remove that? Make L do the same as R or just do nothing maybe?

I had the same problem when holding L @Aurora Wright
To fix it simply let go of L the moment you see the backlight turn on and it won't give you the error. It must be a random error with aureinand but even now if I never let go of L I get an error message but if I let go when the backlight comes on it boots me to 9.2 sysnand with my 9.0 firm

Last edited by 4gionz,

ricosuave0922

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem when holding L @Aurora Wright
To fix it simply let go of L the moment you see the backlight turn on and it won't give you the error. It must be a random error with aureinand but even now if I never let go of L I get an error message but if I let go when the backlight comes on it boots me to 9.2 sysnand with my 9.0 firm
as far as i can tell, its trying to boot a 9.2 emunand or something but since i don't have one setup it crashes the system. Not a big deal, just gotta tell the wife not to hold L haha.

Also, even though I'm not using the "Updated Sysnand" mode, the sysnand is still protected by the FIRM write protection correct? so if somehow sysnand was accidentally booted and updated, it would still be fine cuz the A9LH FIRM write protection is still in place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning