Not open for further replies.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/qy7ZnEC5/file.html
Test build! Use the included arm9 payload only if you don't have A9LH screen init (that's the only change). Else use official D9.
Not a full build, replace/add files as needed. L+R chainloads the arm9payload.bin.
I can boot D9 with either L or R or L+R but cannot boot NAND with L or R any longer. Only can auto boot or D9. Maybe use a different button, like Left or Right DPad?

Reactions: democracy

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have AuReiNand and homemenuhax installed and when I press L it boots into homemenu hax instead of sysNAND, what do I do to fix? Thanks.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have AuReiNand and homemenuhax installed and when I press L it boots into homemenu hax instead of sysNAND, what do I do to fix? Thanks.
When Homebrew Loader loads from holding L, run MenuHax manager and either Delete menuhax or change the activation button.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok with the D9 launch thing using L+R test, whenever I hold L to launch sysnand with 9.0 firm it just hangs on a black screen. without the loader file though it's fine. so I think that needs to be fixed or remapped to a different button(s).
I get a similar result.

Pressing L or R boots me into D9.

I think it'd be better to map D9 to R, as it's not really being used for anything. L for 9.2 NAND with 9.0 FIRM and R for D9.

CreativeMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I worked around it now. Basically I compiled a barebones 7 KB loader (which I put in rei/loader.bin) which runs from 0x24F00000 and its sole purpose is loading the real payload (in this case, D9) to 0x23F00000.
So aurei loads it to 0x24F00000 and jumps to it, and it loads the arm9 payload to 0x23F00000 and jumps to it (a bit convoluted, but works).
Hi Aurora, why not directly using 0x24F00000 with AuReiNand, that way wouldn't be easier? No need for a loader and almost if not all brahma payload would be compatible?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can I update emuNAND to 10.6 through the Settings app?
So rather than actually swapping our NANDs, we can just delete our EmuNAND and update our SysNAND, right?

Any reason not to do this? Decrypt9 can be run through A9LH now, and I can handle stuff like Xorpads on my N3DS.

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, I know it's been discussed a lot lately about A9HL, sysnand, firmware and firmware90 but since this is all scattered information and I can't keep up with this thread (almost 10 pages daily), please, allow me to ask you this.

I just switched from a black N3DS to a LE one and yesterday I finished setting up AuReiNand 3.7.3. I'm using LessHax with CTR Boot Manager 1.7 but I'm considering switching to A9HL.

My current setup is: unlinked downgraded sysNAND 9.2 + emuNAND 10.6 with all my stuff (streetpass and the works).
If I'm correct, during the last part of the A9HL setup we switch our sysNAND with our emuNAND.

So, knowing that, am I safe in saying I just need to flash my sysNAND 9.2 to my SD as an emuNAND and use get a copy of firmware90.bin to use it?
Also, in I correct when saying that booting holding L will load my 9.2 emuNAND with firmware90.bin while holding R will load 9.2 emuNAND with firmware.bin?

What else do I need to know? Any advises?

Thx!

Last edited by mvmiranda,
Reactions: peteruk

Serphirot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So rather than actually swapping our NANDs, we can just delete our EmuNAND and update our SysNAND, right?

Any reason not to do this? Decrypt9 can be run through A9LH now, and I can handle stuff like Xorpads on my N3DS.
Only reason now to keep a emunand is as a testing zone or to be a tiny bit more safe when new updates come out and to update arm9loaderhax stage 1 for stage 2 you can use the updater.
Pls correct me if I am wrong.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Guys, I know it's been discussed a lot lately about A9HL, sysnand, firmware and firmware90 but since this is all scattered information and I can't keep up with this thread (almost 10 pages daily), please, allow me to ask you this.

I just switched from a black N3DS to a LE one and yesterday I finished setting up AuReiNand 3.7.3. I'm using LessHax with CTR Boot Manager 1.7 but I'm considering switching to A9HL.

My current setup is: unlinked downgraded sysNAND 9.2 + emuNAND 10.6 with all my stuff (streetpass and the works).
If I'm correct, during the last part of the A9HL setup we switch our sysNAND with our emuNAND.

So, knowing that, am I safe in saying I just need to flash my sysNAND 9.2 to my SD as an emuNAND and use get a copy of firmware90.bin to use it?
Also, in I correct when saying that booting holding L will load my 9.2 emuNAND with firmware90.bin while holding R will load 9.2 emuNAND with firmware.bin?

What else do I need to know? Any advises?

Thx!
Check out Plailect's OTP Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord: lol later gator that was good one @BigOnYa