Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

PixelBurst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How so? It's pretty simple to switch over.... Am I missing something?

Ah I meant in terms of having it not add any boot time XD I use it too hence why I asked! Figured maybe with the extra delay from emunand anyway that could have explained why you saw no delay but as your on sysnand :P

Zaertix

One Stop Nintendo Shop on Mixer!
Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah I meant in terms of having it not add any boot time XD I use it too hence why I asked!
Ahhh lol. Might have something to do with my o3ds I dunno.

I saw a video on twitter (might've been a link in this thread) of a n3ds booting... those things seem to take AGES.

PixelBurst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahhh lol. Might have something to do with my o3ds I dunno.

I saw a video on twitter (might've been a link in this thread) of a n3ds booting... those things seem to take AGES.

Perhaps. However without splash.bin it seems nearly 1:1 booting vs my O3DS with the SD card out booting into 9.2 Sysnand. (about a second off)

princeken09

그 "멋진" 남자
Trophies
XP
Country
Only thing I'd say is if you're already using A9LH there's no need to remove it like the guide says, you can hold L to boot into AuReiNand SysNand 9.2 and access decrypt9 fine, it's what I did. The rest of it is spot on.
I guess so. Will just probably leave my current setup as is.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried following the instructions the best I could. But I can only boot into emunand through holding R and sysnand through L and R. Is this normal?
EDIT: for further information I am using a9lh.

Last edited by rondoh70,

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried following the instructions the best I could. But I can only boot into emunand through holding R and sysnand through L and R. Is this normal?
If you are running ARM9LoaderHax, you will need FIRM 9.0 to boot into sysNAND with "L" IIRC.
Anyway, what setup are you running atm? Menuhax type 1, type 2 or ARM9LoaderHax?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: for further information I am using a9lh.
Sounds like you're using an outdated version of AuReiNAND. Just update to the latest version.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are running ARM9LoaderHax, you will need FIRM 9.0 to boot into sysNAND with "L" IIRC.
Anyway, what setup are you running atm? Menuhax type 1, type 2 or ARM9LoaderHax?
I believe a9lh with menuhax type 2.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sounds like you're using an outdated version of AuReiNAND. Just update to the latest version.
I used the latest one from the aurouras github.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I believe a9lh with menuhax type 2.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I used the latest one from the aurouras github.
Well, try to remove MenuHax then, you probably won't need it and then you won't need to press R to boot into emuNAND.
Also check if your "rei" folder has a file called "firmware90.bin" or something like that, if you don't have it, download it from the FIRM pack.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, try to remove MenuHax then, you probably won't need it and then you won't need to press R to boot into emuNAND.
Also check if your "rei" folder has a file called "firmware90.bin" or something like that, if you don't have it, download it from the FIRM pack.
I have the firmware file. And The only reason i could boot into emunand was that I had menuhax installed. Is it possible to to boot without holding any buttons, and should I just replace my sysnand with my emunand since it is booting without sig-checks?

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the firmware file. And The only reason i could boot into emunand was that I had menuhax installed. Is it possible to to boot without holding any buttons, and should I just replace my sysnand with my emunand since it is booting without sig-checks?
You don't need menuhax with A9LH. It automatically boots into emuNAND.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm, you shouldn't need MenuHax to boot emuNAND if you are using ARM9LoaderHax, you only need the arm9loaderhax.bin with AuReiNAND. :P

Well, I just replaced my emuNAND with my sysNAND, it works perfectly so far, boot time is great, I can remove the SD card while the 3DS is on and I don't need to double install GBA/DSiWare games on both NANDs, IMO it's worth the trouble and it's pretty easy to do.

I was running emuNAND 10.6 and sysNAND 9.2 before, so you can swap even if your emuNAND is over 9.2.

I used this tutorial if you want to give it a try: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-swap-sysnand-and-emunand-arm9loaderhax-only.415724/

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[p
No issue, it'll still cold boot into your emuNAND.
cold booting with nothing pressed leaves me with a black screen. I'm using the latest AuReinand and dark samus's a9lh. I have both the a9lh bin and renand dat on my root. 03ds firm90 and firm rei folder. Anything I'm missing?

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[p

cold booting with nothing pressed leaves me with a black screen. I'm using the latest AuReinand and dark samus's a9lh. I have both the a9lh bin and renand dat on my root. 03ds firm90 and firm rei folder. Anything I'm missing?
Do you have the updatedsysnand flag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P