Status
Not open for further replies.

Excelsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Having an issue with GBA games here too, although it's slightly different. Set up is 9.2 sys, 10.6 emu, A9LH booting to emuNAND.
GBA games boot fine and I can play, but saving doesn't seem to work for some reason. No error, just that when I close the game and start it again, it's like I didn't save. Not sure what's going on.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Having an issue with GBA games here too, although it's slightly different. Set up is 9.2 sys, 10.6 emu, A9LH booting to emuNAND.
GBA games boot fine and I can play, but saving doesn't seem to work for some reason. No error, just that when I close the game and start it again, it's like I didn't save. Not sure what's going on.
Nothing to do with this. Check that you selected the correct save type when making footers

Excelsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing to do with this. Check that you selected the correct save type when making footers

These are GBA games I played for quite a while before I set up A9LH, I already have working save files for them, so I doubt that's the issue.

Upon further investigation, it seems like when I close the game and boot straight to sysNAND after playing the game through emuNAND, the save file is updated and works fine.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
These are GBA games I played for quite a while before I set up A9LH, I already have working save files for them, so I doubt that's the issue.

Upon further investigation, it seems like when I close the game and boot straight to sysNAND after playing the game through emuNAND, the save file is updated and works fine.
That's because FIRM reads the save from AGBSAVE and copies it to SD on boot. But if you boot to emuNAND with A9LH, FIRM does this check for the emuNAND AGBSAVE. There's never a chance to do it with SysNAND (with menuhax instead, FIRM booted sysNAND first, then you exploited it and made another firmlaunch).

Excelsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see. So I guess I'd either have to transfer my emuNAND to sysNAND or play off of sysNAND/boot into sysNAND after playing a GBA game?

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I see. So I guess I'd either have to transfer my emuNAND to sysNAND or play off of sysNAND/boot into sysNAND after playing a GBA game?
You can either play off sysNAND, or return to sysNAND at least once after playing&saving, or import emuNAND to sysNAND. I think using sysNAND is best with A9LH if you do it correctly (don't touch FIRM0 and FIRM1, follow mashers' guide for this).

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I just ditch menuhax and CTRBootLoader? It interferes with sysNAND booting and I can't load Gateway from it either way, so...

btw, i'm using a9lh.

D

Deleted User

Should I just ditch menuhax and CTRBootLoader? It interferes with sysNAND booting and I can't load Gateway from it either way, so...

btw, i'm using a9lh.

If you have A9LH, not like you really need any of those.

If you're using this mod normally, you can hold L to boot to sysNAND 9.0 (install HBL.CIA here and you can access all of homebrew launcher has to offer including GW.3dSX)

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have A9LH, not like you really need any of those.

If you're using this mod normally, you can hold L to boot to sysNAND 9.0 (install HBL.CIA here and you can access all of homebrew launcher has to offer including GW.3dSX)
Thanks, I just got that set up. Definitely an energy saver because of Menuhax's cruddy bootrates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"