Hacking Luma3DS is... doing it's own thing.

skullkeeper94

Professional USB Corrupter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so, for no reason after a little of now touching it, I go to play Ultra Moon. After pressing A to load my save, it crashes (I'll provided a crash dump if needed).

Now, the weirdest thing is going into Ultra Sun is out of no where Japanese! I HAVE used PKSM but never injected a save into either games.

Edit: Turning off my no-outline patch seems to stop the crashing, US is still Japanese though.

Last edited by skullkeeper94,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay so, for no reason after a little of now touching it, I go to play Ultra Moon. After pressing A to load my save, it crashes (I'll provided a crash dump if needed).

Now, the weirdest thing is going into Ultra Sun is out of no where Japanese! I HAVE used PKSM but never injected a save into either games.

Edit: Turning off my no-outline patch seems to stop the crashing, US is still Japanese though.
Try turning off region and language emulation in Luma settings.

skullkeeper94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try turning off region and language emulation in Luma settings.
If you mean game patching, turning it off only fixes the crashing, whether it's on or off doesn't change the language. ALSO, using LumaLocaleSwitcher doesn't seem to change anything either with the setting on.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Are you using ips patches and updated the game to 1.1? Those patches are broken, you need 1.1 compatible patches. As for the language thing, is it possible you accidentally set your save to being Japanese through PKSM? There's a little option to change the language. If the language thing is exclusive to US, then back it up, go to PKHex, and double check in "Trainer Info" that the regional details are appropriate. Basically, none of this has anything to do with Luma3DS.

Reactions: Deleted User

skullkeeper94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you definitely using an American 3DS? What letter is on the end of the firmware string in System Settings?
Definitely American, I'm no noob, just a noob issue I can't fix.

Are you using ips patches and updated the game to 1.1? Those patches are broken, you need 1.1 compatible patches. As for the language thing, is it possible you accidentally set your save to being Japanese through PKSM? There's a little option to change the language. If the language thing is exclusive to US, then back it up, go to PKHex, and double check in "Trainer Info" that the regional details are appropriate. Basically, none of this has anything to do with Luma3DS.
Welp that'll probably fix UM's issue, I was using an original patch.

Secondly, I exclusively remember NOT injecting any saves, particularly because I'm still at the very beginning with one minute into it, if I were to edit any games it'd be UM. I'll still check though to mark it off the list.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I can give you the answer and it will only take 2 seconds.Turn your game patching off or update your usum ips file for the 1.1 update.

Reactions: Quantumcat

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
As Rusty already said, PKSM can change your game's region and it's VERY easy to accidentally do it and sometimes it can even happen by itself on some builds in some cases (eg: injecting mystery gifts). Go on PKSM and change the language back to English, simple!:P

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)