How to fix a system that won't boot!

Hey everyone, this post will be teaching you how to solve the common problem of a system that isn't booting up while running luma and b9strap.​
When I had experienced this, some very nice users on this community had helped me, and looking around I found that many others were having this problem. Read on to find detailing as to how this problem is caused, who contributed to the answer, and how to solve the issue.

*NOTE* THIS IS FOR LUMA 7.X ONLY!*

So, this problem can be caused by several small mistakes, but here is the most common:​
  • Updating Luma before B9Strap through Luma Updater
This one is the most popular reason why this could occur, and this was my mistake. With the introduction of Boot9Strap, we can no longer update through the normal updater. You can either update luma manually, or you may try this updater by KunoichiZ.

This happens due to luma updater attempting to get 8.0 support, however luma 8.0 and above shall now be supported only by b9s. From now on, make sure to have that updated, and then update manually or through the KunoichiZ Updater.

STEP 1: Visit this link and download luma 7.1.
STEP 2: Place boot.firm from Luma3DSV7.1.7z onto the root of your SD card.
STEP 3: Visit this link and follow the guide from top to bottom.

If you followed the steps correctly, congratulations. Your system should now be running as good as new on the latest boot9strap and Luma versions :yay3ds:

This post could not have been made were it not for the contributions of some very kind and helpful members of our community. Here are their names, and links to their
profiles:

hurrz

Lilith Valentine

KunoichiZ

Thank you all so much!

SeeFamGaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread shows that n00bs don't read the official guide
lol, that is true though. You have to admit, lots of people either hack for convenience or come back to the scene unaware of changes. Some people are just too lazy. This thread is for those people.

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Basically downgrading luma by replacing the updated boot.firm with one from 7.1 that works with old setup like a9lh

Total n00bs tho won't understand this
Thx for trying to give the ppl a proper guide with exact steps

Reactions: SeeFamGaming

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou