Hacking Luma3DS - "An exception occured" - Possibly related to New Leaf?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isnt ninty still required of giving you a redownload option of the pulled games? I know the original ANCL was still there for me once it was gone.
I have no experience with Nintendo's eShop policy when it comes to redownloading games that were previously purchased but publicly pulled from their digital shelves.

Anyone reading this who bought a real copy of a DSiWare game that's no longer sold, like the Zelda 4 Swords 20th Anniversary, please chime in.

@darkvoidz, if you don't particularly care about converting your legit disware into standard CIAs but also don't have a backed up copy of that SysNAND image before the CTRTransfer, you will have wait if you go with the gm9 script conversion option as I would need time to code it.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

darkvoidz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe happen to have had a legit copy of Four Swords Anniversary but since I'm under the dummy profile I don't think I'm able to redownload it as of now. If I end up on my other profile I'd be happy to check though.

if you don't particularly care about converting your legit disware into standard CIAs but also don't have a backed up copy of that SysNAND image before the CTRTransfer, you will have wait if you go with the gm9 script conversion option as I would need time to code it.

I actually did neglect to do the SysNAND backup (I'm a bit exhausted and thought it was just an SD backup, lol) so I have no issues waiting. As I said, it's not a pressing matter by any means, so take your time with it :)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe happen to have had a legit copy of Four Swords Anniversary but since I'm under the dummy profile I don't think I'm able to redownload it as of now. If I end up on my other profile I'd be happy to check though.

I actually did neglect to do the SysNAND backup (I'm a bit exhausted and thought it was just an SD backup, lol) so I have no issues waiting. As I said, it's not a pressing matter by any means, so take your time with it :)
I forgot to add that the system tickets in the other folder will need to be installed before doing system update.

Once you manage to update to 11.13U on the dummy profile and check that the 3DS is for realsie's stable playing AC:NL and other games, go back to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND, press (X) to delete the (dummy) data, and hold (R)-shoulder and press (X) on data2 to rename back to data. The exception error will likely return.

To troubleshoot this, read this example thread of someone who experienced a similar softbrick, performed CTRTransfer (Type D9), and ended up fixing his with that guide, Debugging "gamecoin"-type brick. Be ready to grind this by Marco Polo'ing the bug.

If you manage to redownload those legit DSiware, don't fret whether or not I finish making the script before after you reinstall them from eShop. I'll probably repurpose the script for something else.

Once all the DSiWare games are reinstalled, revisit the Instructions in how to restore their saves and check to see if the DS(i) mode is working.

Edit - Good night. TTYL after catching some shut eyes.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: darkvoidz

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have no experience with Nintendo's eShop policy when it comes to redownloading games that were previously purchased but publicly pulled from their digital shelves.

Anyone reading this who bought a real copy of a DSiWare game that's no longer sold, like the Zelda 4 Swords 20th Anniversary, please chime in.
Zelda Four Swords is a good example as it was no risk trying it (copying DSiWare to SD is intended after all).
On my N3DSXL SNES edition, never installed CFW on that one, I deleted the Zelda game. After that it showed up in the eShop app as "software you can download again" and the download worked.

I think this is more or less the case with all software pulled from eShop (if Nintendo is not forced to disallow re-downloading). Technically speaking DSi Shop and Wii Shop Channel are still working – with all software removed (but the transfer tools DSi→3DS; Wii→Wii U as well as the save data repair tool for Skyward Sword).
Any previously bought software can still be downloaded from DSi Shop and Wii Shop Channel. (At least it still worked a few weeks ago)

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.