Hacking Luma3DS 6.6 with 11.2 and a Gateway (Fragmentation error)

echdareez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi there,

I have 2 N3DS's : one that I was using before (emunand) and a new one with the CFW. As I wanted to convert all my .savs (to CIA) and my first N3DS gives an CTR Card Error with SaveDataFiler (and another error with JKSM), I tried the Gateway on my second CFW'd N3DS.

I remember my Gateway to work correctly (payload set to the down_ button) last week when I applied the CFW. Installed 2 CIA's this week, put my Gateway back in and got a 'Fragmentation Error' on all of my micro SD's? While they still work on my other N3DS (non CFW)...

Any idea's or suggestions?
Thanks!
/dimi

echdareez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks but not so sure that your suggestion will work : it works flawlessly on another 3DS. Actually : I have 5 micro-SD cards which all work on that one but not on the CFW'd one. And it has worked on the CFw'd one (the only change being : 2 installed CIA's).

Last edited by echdareez,

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Thanks but not so sure that your suggestion will work : it works flawlessly on another 3DS. Actually : I have 5 micro-SD cards which all work on that one but not on the CFW'd one. And it has worked on the CFw'd one (the only change being : 2 installed CIA's).
Most applications will work fine with fragmentation (besides having some slowdowns). The Gateway Red Card operates on a lower level than most applications and can't handle fragmentation.

echdareez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes, knew that before : adding 3ds files in a second batch would give this fragmentation error. But anyway : used a brandnew 4GB card, put a small .3ds file on it and tried it again : same error :-*
This has kept me busy the last couple of days... Seriously wondering what the issue might be...

echdareez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For those following the progress : tried on my 2 other O3DS's : both are on a 4.5 -> emunand setup / used BlueMenu to install the CIA's, tried both SaveDatafiler AND JKSM : same result ... Also sent a mail to Gateway, perhaps they come up with some feedback :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For those following the progress : tried on my 2 other O3DS's : both are on a 4.5 -> emunand setup / used BlueMenu to install the CIA's, tried both SaveDatafiler AND JKSM : same result ... Also sent a mail to Gateway, perhaps they come up with some feedback :)
Can't help you with the fragmentation error, it should go away after you backup the files, format the card and restore the files...
However, to dump Gateway saves with JKSM/SaveDataFiler the .sav file needs to be renamed to the title ID of the save manager. This has to be done for each game, so you have to export them one by one. Alternatively, you can use this tool courtesy of me and ihaveamac, that makes the exporting much simpler, as the renaming is done automatically (instructions are included): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8225581/GWSE.rar
Here's the manual method: https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/

Reactions: echdareez

echdareez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Takk så mye :D
Well, it had nothing to do apparently with the "structure" of the SD card(s) - as I tried this out yesterday (several times), I gave up and posted this. In the meantime, I installed some more CIA's and dunno what happened but my Gateway works flawlessly again. There was something strange going on... Or at least : something in that black box which I don't understand (yet).

But also thanks for the info pushing me forward for the saves - I'll download your tool after this but I tried it with one games (as a test) - followed the procedure to the core, received an error : C8A04555... Will be posted another thread for this as this is unrelated to my initial problem ;)
One step further, almost there! :D
/dimi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.