Hacking Luma not updating correctly? Black screen with NDS/GBA games? Smash Bros. either

Sonucais

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I haven't use my 3DS in years and found out the SD card died so my EmuNand is gone. I'm trying to restore what I had but this time directly on my SysNand. Not sure what to do, I'm having some problems and trying to figure how to fix them.

I've updated Luma with Luma Updater. It's says Current installed version is 6.3.1-5d86828 and the backup version is 10.3.1 (same as git). I don't know why It does not auto install through the updater. My console firmware (11.14.0.46E). Guessing I've Arm9LoaderHack too.

When I try to launch my ACE3DS Plus card my 3DS just shows a black screen and that's all, I've to restart the device. Same happens when I try to play my Smash Bros backup or any GBA game.

Any idea what I'm missing? Thank you.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I haven't use my 3DS in years and found out the SD card died so my EmuNand is gone. I'm trying to restore what I had but this time directly on my SysNand. Not sure what to do, I'm having some problems and trying to figure how to fix them.

I've updated Luma with Luma Updater. It's says Current installed version is 6.3.1-5d86828 and the backup version is 10.3.1 (same as git). I don't know why It does not auto install through the updater. My console firmware (11.14.0.46E). Guessing I've Arm9LoaderHack too.

When I try to launch my ACE3DS Plus card my 3DS just shows a black screen and that's all, I've to restart the device. Same happens when I try to play my Smash Bros backup or any GBA game.

6.3.1 is A9lh. which you would need to use 3ds.hacks to do the upgrading a9lh to b9s. and then from there you can use the 10.2.1 luma.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

This is the exactly guide that you will follow:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html

Sonucais

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is the exactly guide that you will follow:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html

I'm stuck right here:

Section II - Installing boot9strap
  1. Boot your device while holding (Start) to launch SafeB9SInstaller
    • If you see the luma configuration screen instead of SafeB9SInstaller, simply press (Start), then shutdown your 3DS and try again
The SD is ready but the Arm9LoaderHack loads the Luma menu from the console itself.
I am supposed to remove Arm9LoaderHack?

Last edited by Sonucais,

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm stuck right here:

Section II - Installing boot9strap
  1. Boot your device while holding (Start) to launch SafeB9SInstaller
    • If you see the luma configuration screen instead of SafeB9SInstaller, simply press (Start), then shutdown your 3DS and try again
The SD is ready but the Arm9LoaderHack loads the Luma menu from the console itself.
I am supposed to remove Arm9LoaderHack?
Please, remove the SD from your console and turn it on while pressing the SELECT button. Tell us what happen

Sonucais

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please, remove the SD from your console and turn it on while pressing the SELECT button. Tell us what happen
With no SD:

Luma3DS v6.3.1
Press A to select, START to save

Screen brightness, Splash, PIN lock, Dev features
() 6 more options

This is the Arm9LoaderHax, right?

Last edited by Sonucais,

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
With no SD:

Luma3DS v6.3.1
Press A to select, START to save

Screen brightness, Splash, PIN lock, Dev features
() 6 more options
Well, indeed it has A9LH!

Check (again) if you have all the exactly files that the guide suggest. Or better use another clean SD (on FAT32 format) and perform the guide.

PS: Be careful with the "luma/payloads" location (the name of the folder "payloads", because some people used to name it with another inexactly typo, i.e. "playloads" or just "payload")

Sonucais

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, indeed it has A9LH!

Check (again) if you have all the exactly files that the guide suggest. Or better use another clean SD (on FAT32 format) and perform the guide.

PS: Be careful with the "luma/payloads" location (the name of the folder "payloads", because some people used to name it with another inexactly typo, i.e. "playloads" or just "payload")

Ok, this actually worked. It loaded a Luma3DS menu, but this time is version 7.0.5, Going to keep trying to reach that SafeB9SInstaller menu.

Edit: I'm in. Thanks, I'll keep going.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, this actually worked. It loaded a Luma3DS menu, but this time is version 7.0.5, Going to keep trying to reach that SafeB9SInstaller menu.

Edit: I'm in. Thanks, I'll keep going.
Ok, so now I've the latest Luma version. Tested Ace3DS. It's working. A GBA game I've seems to be working as well (even though it did have a weird display the first time for some reason). Thank you @fmkid and @lone_wolf323

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.