Hacking Luma might of caused a bug in my save of ACNL. May i get some help.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,401
  • Replies 45

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Backup your savegame, delete the save from the cartridge and try to play it. I'm 100% sure the game is not broken. A corrupted savegame can do this too.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
i mean okay you are upset, but this is not how you go about asking for help.

any of the day you are using a hack. you should have backups of your stuff.

Last edited by Flame,
Reactions: wormdood

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG IM SO ANNOYED ABOUT LUMA IT JUST BROKE THE CARTRIDGE OF MY FAV GAME ACNL SO LET ME EXPLAIN IT ALWAYS GIVES AN EXCEPTION ERROR AND WHEN I TURN THE ARM11 EXCEPTION ERROR OF IT SAYS AN ERROR OCCURED AND EVEN WHEN I DID IT ON MY OTHER 3DS IT HAD THE ERROR I HATE LUMA SO FREAKING MUCH LUMA CREATORS OWE ME FREAKING £100 (maybe not)
FOR THERE CFW BREAKING MY CATRDIGE!!!!! :hateit::hateit::hateit::hateit::hateit::hateit:
Yeah, except 99% of game console cartridges, including the 3DS, are read only (with the exception of save data) so it is literally impossible for software to destroy it (unless you had something that was constantly reading the cartridge at lightning speed to deliberately burn out the ROM chip which is almost certainly not the case here).

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It is very unlikely that Luma broke your cartridge. The game is a READ ONLY chip and the 3DS itself handles the communication with the cartridge port.

I would say either:

- The cartridge is damaged or connection are dirty.
- Your save file is corrupted. Try to backup it and erase the cartridge save flash. (Did you use a save editor to cheat?)

Did you really tried it on a un-hacked 3DS and got the same result ?

Don't accuse someone without proof. You might be sad about loosing your game but it has nothing to do with them.

Last edited by BigPanda,

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
11357500_1605323323060260_921596227_n.jpg

They destroy your games, be aware.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It is very unlikely that Luma broke your cartridge. The game is a READ ONLY chip and the 3DS itself handles the communication with the cartridge port.

I would say either:

- The cartridge is damaged or connection are dirty.
- Your save file is corrupted. Try to backup it and erase the cartridge save flash. (Did you use a save editor to cheat?)

Did you really tried it on a un-hacked 3DS and got the same result ?

Don't accuse someone without proof. You might be sad about loosing your game but it has nothing to do with them.
That's not entirely true. AC:NL is a Card2 game, which are a special case, as the flash chip is rewritable. Most of it is read only, but it's technically possible to overwrite parts of the ROM, either due to a bug in the game, or buggy homebrew, such as what happened with PowerSaves.
I'm pretty sure Luma wouldn't have caused this though.

D

Deleted User

OP
i have an update: its not the saves either so my conclusion is the game might be corrupted or broken

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i have an update: its not the saves either so my conclusion is the game might be corrupted or broken
It's literally not possible for a CFW to break a cartage. It sounds like the cart itself may have been defective the whole time and something recently triggered it to break further, which would not be the CFW might I add. Have you tried anything suggested in this thread? If you can extract your save an inject it into a ROM without the it crashing, then it might just be the cart that is the problem. If it still crashes, then it's something you did on your end.

D

Deleted User

OP
It's literally not possible for a CFW to break a cartage. It sounds like the cart itself may have been defective the whole time and something recently triggered it to break. Have you tried anything suggested in this thread? If you can extract your save an inject it into a ROM without the it crashing, then it might just be the cart that is the problem. If it still crashes, then it's something you did on your end.
i found out its not broken its just the save that crashes the game and i dont use the cartridge anymore i use a cia version now

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i found out its not broken its just the save that crashes the game and i dont use the cartridge anymore i use a cia version now
Then the cart was just defective, that happens.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok and also idk what to do with the catridge now :/
If you'd like to try and fix it, we can try and help you diagnose it. Have you tried to delete the save by by launching the game and holding the A, B, X, and Y Buttons, then selecting "Yes" when prompted to delete the save file?

If the save is the problem, that might work for you. Then sell it to gamestop or something once you've got it working.

Last edited by osaka35,
D

Deleted User

OP
If you'd like to try and fix it, we can try and help you diagnose it. Have you tried to delete the save by by launching the game and holding the A, B, X, and Y Buttons, then selecting "Yes" when prompted to delete the save file?

If the save is the problem, that might work for you. Then sell it to gamestop or something once you've got it working.
no its ok i already have a good enough save i do use ntr plugins though and btw we dont have gamestop in uk (i think)

MrLucariox

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Have you used any save editor on your ACNL save? If you edited your save recently,
that might be the cause of it. Probably your cartridge is fine* and CFW can't corrupt your save.
*(Unless you fired a cannon on it lol)

D

Deleted User

OP
Have you used any save editor on your ACNL save? If you edited your save recently,
that might be the cause of it. Probably your cartridge is fine* and CFW can't corrupt your save.
i did use a save editor to only edit my eye colour to my actual eye colour (blue) and edit my house model to modern with the money being max as well but that was on the now corrupted save

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the save editor did not corrupt the save btw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass