Hacking Luma Isn't updating - Recently Updated From 11.06

vincentallen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent sometime away, but I recently wanted to come back to my N3DS XL since I sold my SX OS'd Switch recently.

So here's what I did today:
I downloaded Luma 10.01, replaced boot.firm. Then I updated the system from settings to the latest firmware (11.10). After the reboot, I tried to go into Luma from the home menu. It states that it's trying to update, but it falls for some reason. I took a picture of the Luma screen

Can any of you explain to me what I'm doing\did wrong, please?
396412c7222ede04562f299f9660e1bc.jpg
846cb04b1063207175ae528d55e62149.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

vincentallen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the latest version of Luma Updater? It was updated after the release of 10.0 because older versions stopped working.
I believe so. I just downloaded it today, it 10.01.

Wait, is Luma updater different from Luma3ds 10.01?

Last edited by vincentallen2,

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe so. I just downloaded it today, it 10.01

Luma updater isn't actually part of the Luma firmware. It's a separate app. You need to download the latest version from https://github.com/KunoichiZ/lumaupdate/releases/tag/v2.4 . Either download and install the CIA using FBI to have it on the 3DS main menu or download the zip file and add the .3dsx file to your homebrew launcher apps folder to launch it through homebrew launcher.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are already using the latest version of Luma3DS (10.0.1). Luma Updater is how you update Luma3DS, but there's nothing to update right now. You also need the latest Luma Updater for it to work properly.

Reactions: Quantumcat

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
You are already using the latest version of Luma3DS (10.0.1). Luma Updater is how you update Luma3DS, but there's nothing to update right now. You also need the latest Luma Updater for it to work properly.
It is the easiest way to install to sysnand which just replacing the file on the SD card wont have done. Plus it will also create a backup in case something gets messed up.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is the easiest way to install to sysnand which just replacing the file on the SD card wont have done. Plus it will also create a backup in case something gets messed up.
  1. It's easy to copy/paste boot.firm from the SD root to the CTRNAND root.
  2. I'd recommend Luma Updater if it weren't so unreliable.

Reactions: spectral

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
  1. It's easy to copy/paste boot.firm from the SD root to the CTRNAND root.
  2. I'd recommend Luma Updater if it weren't so unreliable.
Other than it needing an update itself to work with 10.0+ I never had a problem with it. That being said I got into the 3DS stuff late so only needed to update luma a couple of times.

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other than it needing an update itself to work with 10.0+ I never had a problem with it. That being said I got into the 3DS stuff late so only needed to update luma a couple of times.
It often needs manual updates to work, arguably defeating the purpose.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
download the update manually, place it on the root of your sd card, then update ctrNAND through godmode (there's a script that will do that for you including the custom splash screen).

vincentallen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma updater isn't actually part of the Luma firmware. It's a separate app. You need to download the latest version from https://github.com/KunoichiZ/lumaupdate/releases/tag/v2.4 . Either download and install the CIA using FBI to have it on the 3DS main menu or download the zip file and add the .3dsx file to your homebrew launcher apps folder to launch it through homebrew launcher.
Thank you so much for the help! I was easily able to update Luma using the FBI method. I really appreciate your help, as well as everyone else's input. Thank you guys.

e719aeb636e2367892942f6e2c1d7893.jpg

Last edited by vincentallen2,
Reactions: spectral

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol