Hacking Luma hacked N3DS won't install import CIA titles

Jeff Bannow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any ideas why this might be? No trouble installing USA CIA titles.

FBI appears to install the title fine, but it never shows up on the home screen.

Jeff Bannow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by "import cia files"? Try running tikShop.

I have the cart for Picross 2 EUR. I used Godmode9 to copy the 3ds rom, then used Godmode9 to convert the 3ds rom to a CIA file.

I then tried to install the cia file using FBI. FBI shows it installing, gives no errors, but the icon never shows on the home screen. It does show up in Software Management, so I can delete it. But I have no way of running it.

This same file installs and runs fine on a friend's 3DS.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. How many titles do you have on your console? ANything over 300 will not display on the home menu.
2. Have you restarted the console AFTER installing the title? Specifically when I install .CIA forwarders I have to restart the console before they show up on the homemenu (even though I get the "new software available!" message.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Jeff Bannow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. How many titles do you have on your console? ANything over 300 will not display on the home menu.
2. Have you restarted the console AFTER installing the title? Specifically when I install .CIA forwarders I have to restart the console before they show up on the homemenu (even though I get the "new software available!" message.

I have about 50 titles installed. Definitely rebooted multiple times.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it should be common sense it's an issue with your console and not the games; you said it works on your friends console just fine. So what have you done to yours that your friend hasn't? Luma is RF and doesn't discriminate when it comes to installations, if the .CIA is good it will install period and show on the homemenu. You have some kind of issue within your HomeMenu.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
If the ticket isn't the problem try changing your theme. If at one point you used theme/sdiconhax (newer versions of menuhax) your home menu cache is janky. How long have you sat on the home menu to see if it appears? Any time I install a new CIA (doesn't happen when they're updated) I have to wait a good ten seconds or so before it'll show.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If the ticket isn't the problem try changing your theme. If at one point you used theme/sdiconhax (newer versions of menuhax) your home menu cache is janky. How long have you sat on the home menu to see if it appears? Any time I install a new CIA (doesn't happen when they're updated) I have to wait a good ten seconds or so before it'll show.
If that is the problem then clearing the icon cache with Cthulhu might also help.

Reactions: Quantumcat and Joom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: iH