Status
Not open for further replies.

Suicuark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
I've heard that it is possible to install and play out of region CRYPTOFIXED cia's with luma?
Is it possible if so, shall i do it manually or...?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know some people may not have noticed or care but i would also like to point out that playing any "IMPORT" game (Game not intended for the region your 3ds is set to) You will not be able to use the wireless communications for it. I tried using download play on the Japanese Super C game for FC Famicom, and the system says that the wifi is not on and ask the player to turn it on, even though it is on. I also get same error for standard 3ds Card games as well so just remember that if your playing out of region games on the system. Whoever can fix it (I Figure the person who make CFW) if is possible, but once again, just a notice. If it doesn't really concern you then just ignore it. :)

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know some people may not have noticed or care but i would also like to point out that playing any "IMPORT" game (Game not intended for the region your 3ds is set to) You will not be able to use the wireless communications for it. I tried using download play on the Japanese Super C game for FC Famicom, and the system says that the wifi is not on and ask the player to turn it on, even though it is on. I also get same error for standard 3ds Card games as well so just remember that if your playing out of region games on the system. Whoever can fix it (I Figure the person who make CFW) if is possible, but once again, just a notice. If it doesn't really concern you then just ignore it. :)
This isn't true, I'm in Europe and have no problem using American or Japanese games online

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A game from another region will work, you just need to load up config.cia (use google to find it) and set the eula setting to "ff:ff".
After that, all US games work online with my EUR console.
Well i wish someone told me this sooner cause i made a post about this weeks ago!:hateit:
Why wasn't that information included in the installation guide for installing custom firmware? :teach:

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well i wish someone told me this sooner cause i made a post about this weeks ago!:hateit:
Why wasn't that information included in the installation guide for installing custom firmware? :teach:
Because not everyone installs out of region games.
And of the people that do, very few people play them online.

And besides, I found this information from simply googling it months ago, wasn't too hard.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because not everyone installs out of region games.
And of the people that do, very few people play them online.

And besides, I found this information from simply googling it months ago, wasn't too hard.
Still think it should be part of installation guides since it is part of the CFW Set up process to play Region free games. Just make sense. :glare:

Reactions: Seriel

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, I found out about config.cia via Google as well... it actually is useful for much more, such as enabling DLC, since many games like Hyrule Warriors create a sort of "DLC profile" by going online first.

Reactions: Seriel

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i tried this CONFIG.CIA thing but it didn't fix my problem. I dunno if this is for online games only but I was talking about Download play and local multiplayer games. It didn't seeem to do anything related to that.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well i tried this CONFIG.CIA thing but it didn't fix my problem. I dunno if this is for online games only but I was talking about Download play and local multiplayer games. It didn't seeem to do anything related to that.
o

Well then.
What game are you trying to connect to? You can't play wireless with two games of a different region, and I assume you cant send a download play title to a console with a different region to the title sending it.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it with FAMICOM VC Games. Only one i have is SUPER C. I also have the NES VC SUPER C And it works like it should but the Japanese FAMICOM one doesn't so that what i was saying about the wireless play. It gives a error asking me to trun on the wireless communications even though is already on.:unsure:

YakichiPoppu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm late. But does Luma detect out of region 3ds game cards that you bought from a different country?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm late. But does Luma detect out of region 3ds game cards that you bought from a different country?
Works just fine as a region free for carts. It's literally mentioned in the Wiki that was linked in this thread.

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Standard-features
Region-free patches: The region lock preventing foreign/imported 3DS games from working has been removed. Carts from the NA (North America), EU (Europe), JP (Japan), KOR (Korea), TWN (Taiwan, Hong Kong), and CHN (mainland China) regions should work without issue on any region firmware with Luma3DS, eliminating the need to perform region changes. Note:CHN/TWN/KOR 3DSes use a different shared font archive than NA/EU/JP. It may be necessary to install the other regions' shared font archives if your out of region game does not work.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Last edited by Flame,
Reactions: Tiger21820
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat