Luma CFW GBA VC cias

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
My 2DS LL is currently on the latest Luma CFW, and I want to be able to play GBA cias or VC GBA games. I heard a lot of good things about this method because it isn't an emulator, and the games run natively. First, is it true that playing GBA on a CFW 3DS is one of the best ways without too much lag? I have also heard something about making sure something (which I cannot recall) is on both emunand and sysnand. Is there a recommended tutorial for setting all of this up? Is this an injector, or some other method? I've tried to find a guide on here, but am still confused about some things.

Hope you guys can help, I would appreciate any guidance and information.

Thanks a lot!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
My 2DS LL is currently on the latest Luma CFW, and I want to be able to play GBA cias or VC GBA games. I heard a lot of good things about this method because it isn't an emulator, and the games run natively. First, is it true that playing GBA on a CFW 3DS is one of the best ways without too much lag? I have also heard something about making sure something (which I cannot recall) is on both emunand and sysnand. Is there a recommended tutorial for setting all of this up? Is this an injector, or some other method? I've tried to find a guide on here, but am still confused about some things.

Hope you guys can help, I would appreciate any guidance and information.

Thanks a lot!
The best method is Open AGB Firm

https://github.com/profi200/open_agb_firm/releases/tag/alpha_2021-12-24

Reactions: neko_koneko

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok. So put the file in luma/payloads, hold start when I am turning on my 2DS, and that will bring me to the payloads menu?
Why don't you try it and find out?

I have also heard something about making sure something (which I cannot recall) is on both emunand and sysnand.
There's no longer any purpose for an emunand, so whatever you were reading was hugely out of date.

Is there a recommended tutorial for setting all of this up? Is this an injector, or some other method? I've tried to find a guide on here, but am still confused about some things.
There's really not much to say about it.
https://3ds.eiphax.tech/nsui

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. So I've done the steps you guys mentioned. So is this the method where GBA games run natively? What is the difference between this and the VC Injector? As for the file type, do I need CIA or just simply gba?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So is this the method where GBA games run natively? What is the difference between this and the VC Injector?
Pretty much just the interface. In particular, if I'm not mistaken, open_agb_firm stores save data on the SD card; VC-injected GBA games store save data in the NAND where it can only be manipulated with Godmode9. But if you do not care about manipulating your save data, this is not relevant.

As for the file type, do I need CIA or just simply gba?
.cia files are only meant for installation with FBI.

Reactions: neko_koneko

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol