Luma 8.0 won't load my EmuNAND

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by bjaxx87, Jun 5, 2017.

1. bjaxx87
    OP

bjaxx87 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2011
    Germany
    I just updated B9S and Luma according to 3ds.guide. For some reason it refuses to load my EmuNAND now... The Luma config screen shows up fine (the only thing I check is "autoboot EmuNAND"), the chainloader works and lets me enter Godmode9 and holding L while booting enters SysNAND without any problems - only EmuNAND results in a black screen. I also copied boot.firm + luma folder to EmuNAND CTRNAND in Godmode9 but it didn't help.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

Last edited by bjaxx87, Jun 5, 2017
  2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Maybe your emuNAND is corrupted? Do you have a spare SD card? You could try making a new emuNAND on the spare card and see what happens. If it works fine then your emuNAND was corrupted but if it also doesn't work, then we'll have to work out what the issue is.

3. bjaxx87
    OP

bjaxx87 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2011
    Germany
    I will give it a try this evening... It's just weird, a few minutes before updating Luma my EmuNAND worked just fine. The last thing I did was to open hbloaderlauncher (because I thought I had to use udsploit and safehax to update b9s before I found the "Updating B9S" section on 3ds.guide). Then following the guide I rebooted into the chainloader, updated B9S via the newest SafeB9SInstaller, powered off, swapped boot.firm and suddenly my EmuNAND was "bricked".

I'll post an update once I checked a different SD card.

4. bjaxx87
    OP

bjaxx87 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2011
    Germany
    (Sorry for double-posting!)

@Quantumcat
    Okay, I have results! :)

Primary SD card/Luma 8.0/fake 11.4 EmuNAND: black screen
    Primary SD card/Gateway booted via Luma 8.0 chainloader/fake 11.4 EmuNAND: works!

Secondary SD card/Luma 8.0/9.2 EmuNAND: works!
    Secondary SD card/Luma 8.0/fake 11.4 EmuNAND: black screen
    Secondary SD card/Gateway booted via Luma 8.0 chainloader/fake 11.4 EmuNAND: works!
    Secondary SD card/Luma 8.0/11.2 EmuNAND: works!

So, yeah... It seems Luma 8.0 doesn't like my partially updated EmuNAND while ironically Gateway boots it without any problems. Now I'm wondering if I should keep my "11.4" EmuNAND and use Gateway until there might be a fix for Luma or if I should go back to 11.2 and have to do without online gaming until Gateway supports 11.4 (which... might be the much longer wait).

@Aurora Wright Just a heads-up in case you might want to look into this. :) (Yes, I know... I'm part of the Gateway minority, there sure are more important bug fixes.)

5. Aurora Wright

Aurora Wright GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 13, 2006
    Italy
    I'm not sure what you mean by "fake 11.4", could you elaborate?
    Also, to check if Rosalina is the issue or not, could you test this build? http://www114.zippyshare.com/v/Qt9zQPHC/file.html

telon22 likes this.
  6. bjaxx87
    OP

bjaxx87 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2011
    Germany
    Sorry, I didn't make this very obvious, I guess. The explanation was in the link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-get-11-4-emunand-working-on-gateway-with-online-access.472624/

I partially updated my 11.2 EmuNAND to regain online access while keeping Gateway compatibility. That means I'm on 11.4 but I have older versions of Native_Firm, GSP_Services and NWM_Services.

I just checked the build you uploaded and it works fine! Thank you, now I have a Luma build I can actually use on B9S 1.2. :)