Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
What game? If it's a game that supports 800 MHz I think Luma won't downclock it, that just means it won't upclock for games designed for 268 MHz.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
animal crossing. it wont let me save properly
Can you be more precise? If Animal Crossing had a problem with saving at higher clock speeds, don't you think there would be a million threads on the subject already?

The most likely thing to cause problems with Animal Crossing saves would be your SD card starting to fail, in which case a lot of other games will have problems saving as well.

and also less battery life
I very much doubt there are substantial battery life savings to be had here.

lucas millington

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you be more precise? If Animal Crossing had a problem with saving at higher clock speeds, don't you think there would be a million threads on the subject already?

The most likely thing to cause problems with Animal Crossing saves would be your SD card starting to fail, in which case a lot of other games will have problems saving as well.

I very much doubt there are substantial battery life savings to be had here.
uh no because when i turn the clock speed to 200mhz it saves fine

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
uh no because when i turn the clock speed to 200mhz it saves fine
You didn't answer the question. If this was useful or necessary, then considering that this is one of the single most popular games ever released for the 3DS, why are you apparently the only one doing this?

Have you even bothered to check if other games are saving properly? (What exactly happens when it doesn't "save properly", anyway?)

lucas millington

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You didn't answer the question. If this was useful or necessary, then considering that this is one of the single most popular games ever released for the 3DS, why are you apparently the only one doing this?

Have you even bothered to check if other games are saving properly? (What exactly happens when it doesn't "save properly", anyway?)

yes other games save properly, animal crossing is the only one that has this problem, why would it be an sd card problem if my game saves fine at 200mhz???

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why would it be an sd card problem if my game saves fine at 200mhz???
You didn't answer the new question. What exactly happens when it doesn't "save properly" ?

It's conceivable that your SD card is starting to fail in such a way that – at the moment – only causes problems when large amounts of data are being quickly written to the card; Animal Crossing save games are unusually large. But what is definitely certain is that the SD card is by far the most likely component of a 3DS to start failing and various mysterious problems can occur when that happens.

The solution in this case is to copy everything off the card to your PC (Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier is useful when a card seems to be faulty), format the card, test the card with h2testw, and – only if h2testw says it is OK – copy everything back again.

lucas millington

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You didn't answer the new question. What exactly happens when it doesn't "save properly" ?

It's conceivable that your SD card is starting to fail in such a way that – at the moment – only causes problems when large amounts of data are being quickly written to the card; Animal Crossing save games are unusually large. But what is definitely certain is that the SD card is by far the most likely component of a 3DS to start failing and various mysterious problems can occur when that happens.

The solution in this case is to copy everything off the card to your PC (Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier is useful when a card seems to be faulty), format the card, test the card with h2testw, and – only if h2testw says it is OK – copy everything back again.
it says saving but dosent actually stop saving, there is no evidence to suggest that its a sd card problem when it saves fine with every other game and saves fine when running at 200mhz, and also saves fine when i select save and continue but not save and quit

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there is no evidence to suggest that its a sd card problem when it saves fine with every other game and saves fine when running at 200mhz
Don't you think it's likely that you're experiencing the same problem that many, many other people have experienced before, as opposed to something entirely new? There's not much point in exploring exotic and potentially harmful other strategies until the most likely problem is completely ruled out – which you would do by following the instructions in my last post.

The only other thing I can suggest is disabling any mods, patches, or plugins you may have installed. Are you running anything like that?

lucas millington

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't you think it's likely that you're experiencing the same problem that many, many other people have experienced before, as opposed to something entirely new? There's not much point in exploring exotic and potentially harmful other strategies until the most likely problem is completely ruled out – which you would do by following the instructions in my last post.

The only other thing I can suggest is disabling any mods, patches, or plugins you may have installed. Are you running anything like that?
im not gonna follow your instructions because i know for a fact that its not a problem with the sd card, just because its not a common problem dosent mean its not a problem, no i do not have any mods or plugins installed all i have is luma 3ds which yeah that is the problem, because animal crossing new leaf is not a new 3ds game and should not be running at 800mhz, im not gonna waste my time to do something that obviously is not gonna help, idk why you seem to think its an sd card problem when the save data is saved on the cartridge anyway and it saves fine when the game is running on any other 3ds or without the 800mhz.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
idk why you seem to think its an sd card problem when the save data is saved on the cartridge anyway
Well, you didn't mention that you were running the game from a cartridge, did you? That would be useful information.

and it saves fine when the game is running on any other 3ds or without the 800mhz.
You didn't mention this before earlier. To be clear, you're saying you've tested this specific cartridge on a different New 3DS? Doesn't that suggest that there's something different between your 3DS and the other 3DS where it works properly?

lucas millington

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, you didn't mention that you were running the game from a cartridge, did you? That would be useful information.

You didn't mention this before earlier. To be clear, you're saying you've tested this specific cartridge on a different New 3DS? Doesn't that suggest that there's something different between your 3DS and the other 3DS where it works properly
it says saving but dosent actually stop saving, there is no evidence to suggest that its a sd card problem when it saves fine with every other game and saves fine when running at 200mhz, and also saves fine when i select save and continue but not save and quit
i litterally did, no i havent tested it on another new 3ds i tested it on a normal 3ds

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i litterally did
You "litterally" didn't. You did not mention a cartridge anywhere in the post you quoted, You did say that "the game is running on any other 3ds or without the 800mhz", and it's not clear why you said that when you've tested it on exactly one other 3DS?

Can we at least agree that there's either something wrong with your cart or there's something wrong with your 3DS? Cartridges have been known to go bad, though I haven't heard of any problems with Animal Crossing cartridges yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.