Homebrew Luma 3ds, trying to migrate to a new SD card, 3ds not seeing installed apps/games

Corgano

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I followed this guide https://3ds.hacks.guide and have luma 3ds and godmode9 installed and working fine, as well as have installed a bunch of CIA's and everything works. I'm looking to upgrade to a 64gb SD card.

*EDIT* I found a solution that worked for me, might work for you.
Most the installed crap is stored in E:\Nintendo 3DS\<ID0>\<ID1>, where the <ID0> and <ID1> numbers look like a long hexadecimal sting. When i copied the files to my new SD card and put it in, the 3ds created a new <ID1> folder. I copied the contents of the old E:\Nintendo 3DS\<ID0>\<ID1> folder into the new folder it made and everything worked again
*end edit*

I know about the formatting. I've tried rufus on windows to format the card before, and have just finished formatting it from GM9 from the 3ds itself. IT sees the card, i can save images from the camera to it and read from it. No matter how i format it though, the second i copy the files from the old SD card onto it, and put it back in the 3ds, it doesn't see any of the installed apps

Both the old and new SD cards are both AData, from the same product line and same speed ratings / A1 V10. Only difference is the size of the card. From what I read in other threads all you need to do is format it correctly, copy the files, and it will work.... so any ideas why it isn't?

Last edited by Corgano,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[ FAT32 | 32 KB cluster size | MBR disk | Primary partition ].
Check if your (empty) SD card is fake.
Other causes for games missing on HOME Menu.
  • There's a ~300 titles limit per Nintendo 3DS folder.
  • The encryption has to match between the NAND's movable.sed KeyY and the Nintendo 3DS/<ID0> subfolder.
  • Installed SD titles can be delisted if the database files are damaged (title.db & import.db, found in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/dbs).
  • Missing tickets? Use faketik.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Corgano

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so your post wasn't directly useful, but lead me down the right direction.

The issue ended up being that the ID1 folder name has changed.
E:\Nintendo 3DS\<id0 long hex string name>\<id1 long hex string name>
I have no idea why, but when i moved the contents of the old <id1> folder to the new one, everything started working. Any idea why the ID1 folder name changed?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea why the ID1 folder name changed?

<ID1> is derived from the SD card's ID number. Using a different SD card may cause the 3DS firmware to default to that card's <ID1> if no other <ID1> is present.

Added Note
You should never move the <ID1> child folder between different Nintendo 3DS folders if their <ID0> parent folders are not the same.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Corgano

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
<ID1> is derived from the SD card's ID number. Using a different SD card may cause the 3DS firmware to default to that card's <ID1> if no other <ID1> is present.

This here i feel is the most important and helpful piece of information that all the threads of this nature need. IT was the same 3ds so the <id0> folder was identical, but it made a new <id1> folder when i put in the new card

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This here i feel is the most important and helpful piece of information that all the threads of this nature need. IT was the same 3ds so the <id0> folder was identical, but it made a new <id1> folder when i put in the new card
Same 3ds. But was it different cards used or has it been the exact same one used during this time?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the change in <ID1> child folder does happen when migrating to a different SD card as seen before in:
, more often than not games disappear because people who upgrade to a bigger card usually format it incorrectly (ie, ExFAT), or end up getting scammed buying a fake card.

Your situation happens so rarely in terms of missing games compared to other causes that I consider it a blip or afterthought.

You must have inserted your SD card first in the 3DS and allowed it make a new (blank) Nintendo 3DS folder before coping the (actual) folder over from the smaller card. Most people copy and paste Nintendo 3DS without that folder there in the first place.

hitgirl007

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Added Note
You should never move the <ID1> child folder between different Nintendo 3DS folders if their <ID0> parent folders are not the same.
I have the same problem but when I look into my folder I don't find ID0 or id1 when I look into systemsettings and data I see all my games but there is on all a red X and I can only delete them.. Maybe someone can help me to get this fixxed
Thanks in advantage

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have the same problem but when I look into my folder I don't find ID0 or id1 when I look into systemsettings and data I see all my games but there is on all a red X and I can only delete them.. Maybe someone can help me to get this fixxed
Thanks in advantage
Try running faketik.
(And next time better reply to the 3DS NOOB PARADISE or create your own instead of reviving an old topic)

Good luck and have fun!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P