Hacking Luma 3ds normal and dev versions are one now?

jeffsmith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So for a while now people have been saying that in order to update your syst-Nand safely from 11.0 to 11.1 that the dev version of Luma3ds needs to be used instead of the regular version.

When I went to the Github page with the Luma3ds releases it says that as of version 6.3.0 that the normal and dev versions are one so how does this work now. Is the newest version (6.3.1) a combination as well?

How would I load v6.3.1 onto my sd card now? I've already got a 'Luma' folder from following Plaicet's (forgot how it's actually spelled forgive me!) guide so do I have redownload and rename the payload files?

Do I need to modify armsloader9hax in anyway if I get this 'dev and normal combined version'.

If I do install this correctly then can I safely update my Sys-Nand to 11.1?

P.S. If I get this newest version of Luma 3ds to work and load the newest version of BootNTR I should be able to play hacks again, just like pre 11.1 Sys-Nand, right?

Sorry if that's a lot of text but I know it's frustrating when people ask really vague questions and expect in depth answers.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it's combined in 6.3.1

Just update the arm9loaderhax.bin at the sd card root and boot with select just once to check the luma settings are ok.

You don't have to touch the a9lh system itself.

I don't know what version of Luma you were running. But it should support 11.1 no problem after the update. NTR could have problems in 11.1, so if you regularly use NTR you should research it more deeply (compatibility, threads, google...).

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I got Prime