OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello i have a problem with my luma chainloader

When i try to boot in to the chainloader menu my 3ds boot into the menu
I think i have the problem 1-3 weeks and want to update to luma 8.0 now but then i found this problem
i hope everyone can help me and sry for my bad english

Vanix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Similar issue here, I am on Luma 7.1 and B9S 1.0. Was following the guide to update to 8.0/1.2, holding down start during boot just boots into GM9. I'm trying to figure out if I did something wrong, but I remember I had similar issues prior, though last time I tried it worked fine.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Similar issue here, I am on Luma 7.1 and B9S 1.0. Was following the guide to update to 8.0/1.2, holding down start during boot just boots into GM9. I'm trying to figure out if I did something wrong, but I remember I had similar issues prior, though last time I tried it worked fine.
It's probably booting GodMode9 from the CTRNAND.. I think, I heard of that problem before

in GM9, enter SysNAND CTRNAND, go to the rw folder, is there a Luma folder inside?
If there is, check inside the Luma folder for a payloads folder, then check for a payloads folder, is there inside a GodMode9.firm?

Reactions: Vanix

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably booting GodMode9 from the CTRNAND.. I think, I heard of that problem before

in GM9, enter SysNAND CTRNAND, go to the rw folder, is there a Luma folder inside?
If there is, check inside the Luma folder for a payloads folder, then check for a payloads folder, is there inside a GodMode9.firm?
or maybe GM9 is called start_GodMode9.firm, or .bin, whatever, remove the start_

Vanix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

You're right, thanks.

A minute ago I found another thread that said deleting the boot.firm in ctrnand and replacing the boot.firm with a fresh one from Luma 7.1 fixes this, I did that and it did fix it and my chainloader is working fine now.

I also did what you said, there was indeed just GM9 in the payloads inside rw/luma.

I have to say I have no idea how this works or what the logic behind it is, I need to look this stuff up or if anyone is willing to give a very brief explanation if they can be bothered, it would be appreciated. From what I understand ctrnand is in the console itself and not the SD card, but other than that I am confused as how to I even got into this situation.

Either way, sorry if this was a bit hijacky, I hope OP might fix their issue with some of these suggestions that helped me too.

or maybe GM9 is called start_GodMode9.firm, or .bin, whatever, remove the start_

Nope everything had the default name, renaming safeb9sinstaller to start_safeb9sinstaller didn't make it boot into that either, it booted into GM9.

Reactions: Enovale

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
You're right, thanks.

A minute ago I found another thread that said deleting the boot.firm in ctrnand and replacing the boot.firm with a fresh one from Luma 7.1 fixes this, I did that and it did fix it and my chainloader is working fine now.

I also did what you said, there was indeed just GM9 in the payloads inside rw/luma.

I have to say I have no idea how this works or what the logic behind it is, I need to look this stuff up or if anyone is willing to give a very brief explanation if they can be bothered, it would be appreciated. From what I understand ctrnand is in the console itself and not the SD card, but other than that I am confused as how to I even got into this situation.

Either way, sorry if this was a bit hijacky, I hope OP might fix their issue with some of these suggestions that helped me too.

Nope everything had the default name, renaming safeb9sinstaller to start_safeb9sinstaller didn't make it boot into that either, it booted into GM9.
I was updating one of my friend's 3DS yesterday, and I accidentally forgot to replace boot.firm from the CTRNAND and the SD card(was updating by using my phone xD)

When I put the SD card on the 3DS with Luma 8.0 it still was running Luma 7.1, I was like "WTF?"

I reinserted the SD card and turned on the 3DS back, it booted to Luma 8.0

I think the problem is that the SD card was not getting detected correctly, it happens :P

Vanix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Oh fuck now my 3ds wont boot :(
I had the same issue after I deleted boot.firm from ctrnand. I had to download Luma 7.1 and get the boot.firm from there and replace the boot.firm on the root of my sd card with the fresh one. Everything worked fine then.

Edit: I think what this does is it restores the default luma settings as well, because the guide says to enable "Show NAND or user string in system settings" which makes it boot from ctrnand, so it doesn't boot from ctrnand but it boots from the sd card instead. Maybe, I might be wrong.

Last edited by Vanix,

jannikz29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had the same issue after I deleted boot.firm from ctrnand. I had to download Luma 7.1 and get the boot.firm from there and replace the boot.firm on the root of my sd card with the fresh one. Everything worked fine then.

Edit: I think what this does is it restores the default luma settings as well, because the guide says to enable "Show NAND or user string in system settings" which makes it boot from ctrnand, so it doesn't boot from ctrnand but it boots from the sd card instead. Maybe, I might be wrong.

ok
i think i put a new in to the ctrnand and now its the wrong
and make a backup from my sd now but i think i can`t fix it because he won`t boot with or without sd

Vanix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
ok
i think i put a new in to the ctrnand and now its the wrong
and make a backup from my sd now but i think i can`t fix it because he won`t boot with or without sd

You should still have boot.firm.bak as a backup on your sd card, rename that to boot.firm and replace it with the one already there and it should be fine again.

For what it's worth, this is the thread I read that fixed it for me: Link

narzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Guys I need help. I also have the same problem. My luma version is 7.1, everytime I tried to update using luma updater, it still shows 7.1,. So I tried to manually change the boot.firm at sd root to the latest firm (version 8.1), when I use the luma updater, it still show the version 8.1

Then I try to change the boot firm at ctrnand using fbi by copy paste it.,and my 3ds wont turn on. Then I use the solution posted here, by replacing the boot firm at sd root to version 7.1, it can turn on. Again, then whenever I update it using luma updater or manually, it wont turn on..

What should I do to update the luma to latest version? Should I delete the boot.firm in the ctrnand? I'm new to this btw

Last edited by narzz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: