lukomon pokédex

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Sjaz, Mar 26, 2010.

Mar 26, 2010

lukomon pokédex by Sjaz at 11:02 PM (4,649 Views / 0 Likes) 28 replies

1. Sjaz
    OP

Newcomer Sjaz Advanced Member

Netherlands
    While randomly surfing the interwebz, I came across this:
    Sounds great I guess. A full Pokédex app for both Android and iPhone? Yes please! What are your thoughts about it? [I hope this is the right section for this]

2. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    unless it is free and someone randomly gives me an iphone, i am definitely not caring about this

3. Sjaz
    OP

Netherlands
    lol, I guess they won't make it free. At least, I'd pay 2 dollars max for it. I mean, what if you're playing in your bed, need some info, but don't want to start your computer. Hoorah, you can look at your iphone!

Well, unless this app isn't crap. By looking at the screens I'd say it's really decent. If you compare it to the already available pokedex apps in the app store (all rubbish) I guess those developers certainly can make some money with it. They have mine, at least (but i'm a big Pokémon sucker [​IMG])

4. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    ^This^

I don't care for the iPhone or anything of the sort. Nor do I care for what they do to people. So many times I've known people for years and they've always had the time for a chat, and then they get an iPhone and all of a sudden they can't chat 'cause they have to download a new app or check the weather in Moscow (even though they've never been there and don't know anybody there), or even worse when they just sit and go on at great length about how marvelous the iPhone is and how they can't see how they ever got by without it. I'll tell you how we got by. We spent quality time together and generally enjoyed life instead of listening to yet another debate about the glory of the latest technological ass-raping of individuality. Put your fucking phone away or so help me god I'm gonna ram it up the crack of your arse.

5. Sjaz
    OP

Netherlands
    What's so wrong about the iPhone? Those smartphones are the future.

Besides, this topic isn't about how useless an iPhone is, but about a Pokémon app which probably will help a lot of people. At least it'll help me, I guess.

6. SkH

Member SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Algeria
    Looking very nice! I'd definitely get it if I would have an iPhone [​IMG]

7. sn0wfish

Member sn0wfish GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    nifty app, if only i have an iphone! [​IMG]

8. Sjaz
    OP

Netherlands
    Just for the people who are interested in this (like me)... They came up with a new design I guess.

[​IMG] ( http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.ph...0534&page=3 )

Looks pretty good if you ask me. But errr, the app should've been released by now... hopefully it won't take too long.

9. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Wow looks awesome cannot wait to use it, hope it releases soon [​IMG]

10. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Nice, I am going to go check out if they have the app in *snip.

11. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    He said about releasing a free app and paid app.
    Obviously the free app will have features missing.
    But, support the guy, he put a lot of hard work into this.

12. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    x2

13. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
    Preaching to the choir, man. :/

Whenever it manages to get into the Appstore I'll get it for the sake that a on-hand Pokedex, no matter how nerdy, is still pretty awesome.

14. Sjaz
    OP

Netherlands
    What is *snip? Something like a rom downloading site?

15. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    *snip is the name of a dead app,
    the original project was an easy method to download and install cracked .ipas for MobileOSX.
    the app itself didn't have any links to warez, but was useless without the illegal content, and for legal issues the project was shut down (even though latest private version had some pretty neat and innovative features)
    there is still a much older version called *snip available, which is pointed by default at the apptrackr download reposary, based off the *snip framework (*snip being a site that shut down due to overuse of piracy).

16. Sjaz
    OP

Netherlands
    Okay, thanks. So that means you can download the app for free? That means the developer doesn't earn something from it.. yeah, I know, there are pirates on this site (I myself have downloaded some PC games too) but I think it's just BS to download something (which probably doesn't cost more than 2 dollars) for free... At least, this developer can count on my money! [​IMG]

17. Sjaz
    OP

Netherlands
    *Epic mega bump*

hey guys... it's been awhile since this app launched and I'm curious if there are people here who actually bought it. Well I did and I loved it, but it did miss some data. One point the awesome developer has worked on in the just released version 1.1.

Seriously I love the developer. It didn't look like it sold really well (didn't appear in the charts) but they keep supporting it with awesome updates, something I think is very important. Check out their blog here for some good info as I won't describe the whole app here... [​IMG] http://www.kombostudio.nl/

Anyways I think it's so cool when developers keep supporting their apps even months after they released it. I just got an iPhone 4 and as a surprise they also added Retina graphics in 1.1, very cool indeed. So uh, I suggest that if you're even a bit into Pokémon, you really need to buy this app. Best two bucks ever spent.

And I wonder... did anyone already have the app?

18. Sjaz
    OP

Netherlands
    Sorry for the doublepost, but I have a question for the mods; can this topic be moved to the Other Systems Discussions > Other Handhelds > iPhone, iPod & iPad section? When I made this topic that section wasn't available yet IIRC. Anyway thank you very much, I think this topic will be more striking in that section :-)

19. Senrii

Newcomer Senrii Member

Netherlands
    i came along this too when searching for a pokedex in the App store. i first downloaded it trough *snip but bought it a little while ago and thought it was pretty good but not the best. like you said the recent update surprised me because it introduced some neat features hope they keep supporting the app

20. Sjaz
    OP

Netherlands
    That's cool. I've been using it a lot lately, the new update really is rocking. It's a pity that it doesn't work on some firmwares anymore tho... hope they fix it soon.
    [​IMG]
    (lol thanks to the iphone 4 rez it's a biiiiig picture >_>)
    Oh and mods, one time again; could you move this topic please? Or to anybody; is there a way to request a move? Thanks.