Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon USA rom black screen on Gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AutoCad_UA, Sep 26, 2013.

1. AutoCad_UA
    OP

AutoCad_UA Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2013
    United States
    SOLVED

2. ZeldaWW

ZeldaWW Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2013
    so how did you solve it?

i had about 5 black screens so far, trying ridge racer, mario and luigi dream team. Sometimes the game runned fine, sometimes it gave black screen.

Some black screens i got were just after clicking on "DS profile"
    Some black screens i got were just after the 3ds game was launched.

I was using a MICROSD card kingston class 4, i bought a sandisk Ultra class 10 micro sd card and havent seen a black screen yet, but i bought it yesterday so i cant be so sure it will not hang up.

the strange part is that while on the 3ds menu, on mario and luigi EURO, the game icon appears, i hear luigi talk, but on the upper lcd screen there is no game graphic

perhaps its that im on firmware 4.4 and not 4.5, don´t know

3. AutoCad_UA
    OP

AutoCad_UA Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2013
    United States
    ZeldaWW I play with micro sd 2gb trancend (class dont know) and in one of the levels have black screen. I tried another micro sd 4gb trancend class 6 with this game and have no black screen problem. (3DS XL firmware 4.2).

same here

4. Kei00

Kei00 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2013
    From Gateway-3ds's website: Firmware V1.1a. Common minor issues we are aware of: The lack of upper screen banner for some titles which trigger both region and firmware spoof requirements.

I hope this clears things up. :)

5. ZeldaWW

ZeldaWW Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2013

thanks that explains it all
    as long as i can play the game i dont even care about the upper banner

so yea, i would avoid Class 4 memory, and use a higher speed one like class 10, sandisk ultra