Luigi's Mansion Arcade Machine Tested by Capcom

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Foxi4, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    [​IMG]
    Luigi's Mansion, Nintendo's spooky scary IP, now has an Arcade installment called Luigi's Mansion Arcade. The game is made by Capcom and was tested between October 30th and November 3rd - what better time to release it into the wild than the Halloween season, right? The theatre-style cabinet features the iconic Poltergust 5000 vacuum, which is used as a light-gun. It's a bit of a shame that the Arcade era has passed in the West - I would love to try this game out myself, and I'm sure you guys would too!​
    The photo above was taken by Twitter user PO121Karma.​
    :arrow: Source

2. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Wow this looks way more interesting in its whole perspective than using Oculus glasses for the 3D realism but still.. Nintendo, arcades > Wii U? Now I don't want to turn this into a rant but it feels like they're avoiding to release Luigi's Mansion on the Wii U which I for one have been waiting since January 2014 (curse you and your "confirmation"). I'm sure Luigi's Mansion 2 on the Wii U would sell a lot better than Mario 3D World: Captain Toad DLC oh wait Captain Toad: Tracker Levels.

3. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    i wonder what hardware this uses

4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    we'll never see that here...

5. superspudz2000

superspudz2000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 23, 2007
    Canada
    I don't think the arcade era has passed. Its just nobody wants to run an arcade anymore. Theres no example i can think of of an arcade in the last 10 years that failed or went bankrupt. Theoritically an arcade would be an ok business, its just theres more money in other businesses.

There are still NES and Sega genesis and Atari 2600 cartridges being released. And there are still Vinyl records for that matter. It should be the same concept.

6. HtheB

HtheB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2006
    Netherlands
    Bize Her Yer Trabzon
    Weird, The title of the game is Luigi Mansion Arcade, rather then Luigi's Mansion Arcade...

7. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    Arcades sort of are still around, places like dave and busters
    but actual stand alone arcades places still open are stuff of legend these days
    just no one wants to go to one when they have a smartphone in their pockets with hundreads of games, portable gaming devices, tablets, and home consoles
    same thing happened to music stores, mp3 players killed them

the old game carts and records still being produced are just mainly made for the hardcore collectors