Lucky Buy What are my best options

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Thedeadphoenix, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Thedeadphoenix
    OP

Thedeadphoenix Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    Hi guys,

I am brand new and I managed to get my hands on a

PCH-1001 with Firmware 2.12 Installed.

What are my options for Playing Backups of ISO/CSO for PSP and I believe I saw something about PSV Games as well.

2. xy2_

xy2_ GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2016
    France
    Voxel likes this.
  3. Thedeadphoenix
    OP

Thedeadphoenix Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    Yes I know a noob when I see one.

To save time on asking questions in new threads, I have constructed a guide for users to follow, and to ask about/point out additional info. This guide is constructed only for 3.XX users at the moment, but I may decide to write up a guide for 1.XX and 2.XX users as well as.

As I looked at that thread and have 2.12 that thread does not apply. Correct?

4. Voxel

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Correct. First of all, you should manually update to 3.18 (sort of the latest "safe and recommended" firmware for Vita hacking) by following this tutorial and following the "manually updating to any firmware from a lower firmware" tutorial. (You will also find the link to the 3.18 update PUP file on that page).

After that, follow tutorial 1 of my guide, then go ahead and pick any tutorial you please! :)
    If you want even more options (that I am yet to write up), you can take a look at the Hackinformer PlayStation Guide for the Vita.

5. Thedeadphoenix
    OP

Thedeadphoenix Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    Ok I am updated to 3.18 Now. But everything I am seeing indicates I need a PSP game on my vita to do the TN-V hack or ARK. I don't have access to a PS3 either.

6. Voxel

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Do you not have a friend who has a PS3?

7. Thedeadphoenix
    OP

Thedeadphoenix Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    Nope all my friends are PC only. No PS3. So I take it there isn't a work around. What are my options?

Last edited by Thedeadphoenix, Jun 25, 2016
  8. xy2_

xy2_ GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2016
    France
    Your option is to get another Vita on latest firmware and use that to transfer or get an PS3.
    Note that even with a latest firmware Vita, you still won't be able to play games, as the PS3 is required for activation. There is technically a way to bypass this, though, if you manage to snag someone's else act.dat.

Last edited by xy2_, Jun 25, 2016
  9. Voxel

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Not exactly true... he could still install Rejuvenate, for example!

Oh; I see you edited your post. I never knew that act.dat was the actual activation file. You learn something new every day! :D

Last edited by Voxel, Jun 25, 2016
  10. Thedeadphoenix
    OP

Thedeadphoenix Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    Ok I have a PS3 now. I just picked one up. I have the same account on both the ps3 and the vita

Last edited by Thedeadphoenix, Jun 26, 2016
  11. Thedeadphoenix
    OP

Thedeadphoenix Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    So trying to setup the email exploit. Less secure apps set on on the google account and it's giving me a continuous Error code C2-14393-0

12. tedmg091309131

tedmg091309131 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    With gmail there is a setting that can enable less secure email apps to work. Try googling gmail less secure apps problem.

13. Thedeadphoenix
    OP

Thedeadphoenix Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    Ah..... Like I said I already set Less secure Email and it's still erroring out.

14. xy2_

xy2_ GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2016
    France
    Get a gmx email.

15. Thedeadphoenix
    OP

Thedeadphoenix Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    Thanks. GMX loaded great. Now I am sending the reset email but it's not resetting. Mr. Gas Method for resetting the mail.db

I send the premade email and open the "Picture" Then Close without clicked the error away. When I go back in it still is setup to my gmx account. From what i understand it is suppose to reset the mail account to be entered again.

Appears its very sensitive to using Thunderbird and another email account to send the hack message. But it's working.

Last edited by Thedeadphoenix, Jun 26, 2016