Lucid Dreaming

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Youkai, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Youkai
    OP

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    Hi,

I did just read about this topic in another Forum and cuz i think its a sorta interesting topic i would like to know if there are ppl here that really try to do Lucid Dreaming ?

I had those experience as well once or twice even thaught i did not really try, just happend to notice that i was dreaming while i was ...

The thing behind Lucid Dreaming is that ppl try to know when they dream to control their dream !
    Its really cool thing if you can do as you like in your dream but i am not sure if its really possible to train for something like this.

more infos : http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_Dreamin...tion_Techniques

So what do you think about it and are there ppl here who are doing it or might try it now ?

2. juggernaut911

juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    like from that one Mages Guild Mission in Oblivion?

3. A4NoOb

A4NoOb Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2008
    United States
    Lucid dreaming is kind of weird. I would try to think of something and it would turn out the opposite >_>

4. laminaatplaat

laminaatplaat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 25, 2007
    United States
    COOOL!!!! i never knew it had a name etc. THe last time i had a dream like that was around 2 years ago..

Not sure why it happened then and not now (it happened al ot then), didn't really have a technique for it, but it was fucking awesome [​IMG] Would love to do it again, because it is fun!

5. Sonicslasher

Sonicslasher In Law we trust.

Dec 5, 2005
    United States
    Richmond, VA
    What I usually do to control my dreams is shoot myself. Once I know I cannot die then I can control the dream, but only to a certain degree. To wake myself up I fly at extreme speeds or jump off a tall building.

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    There were a few threads recently on the subject but OK

Lucid dreaming as I understand it is the ability to control your dreams. I can pull it off but only in light sleep i.e. the last hour or two and most of the time it is a bit like breakout in that I only have some guidance rather than full control.

Better than that though is incorporating the world around your into your dream, I crashed on the sofa when film four was showing a random black and white film about a scientist who discovered a youth potion (I am sure the name that film crew would kick me for not recalling the name of it as I am fairly sure it was popular). The speech got merged in and it was decidedly weird (and this is after a "lifetime" of sci-fi, fantasy and normal science afflicted dreams).

7. Hitto

Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

Nov 29, 2005
    France
    Nice, France
    Being able to control your dreams was called "imagination" back when I was a kid.
    Or, huff some ether and you'll think you're flying. There ya go, no need to check your clock every five minutes, or going to sleep with a full bladder (honestly, you want to realize how fucking stupid something is? Read the experts tell you how to achieve it, presto!)

8. TanookiSuit

TanookiSuit GBAtemp Addict

Nov 11, 2004
    United States
    Louisville, KY
  9. silent sniper

silent sniper !dennaB

Jan 3, 2008
    Canada
    Vancouver, Canada
    I downloaded some lucid dreaming mp3s, and ever since i started, in every dream i all of a sudden get to go rambo on a bunch of aliens >=]

and yes, the occasional sexy dream

10. distorted.freque

distorted.freque I'm getting mixed signals here!

Jan 31, 2008
    Canada
    Right about...here.
    That explains a lot! Now I know I'm not mildly insane. :3