Lucid Dreaming

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Youkai, Jul 3, 2008.

Jul 3, 2008

Lucid Dreaming by Youkai at 11:33 PM (1,120 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Hi,

I did just read about this topic in another Forum and cuz i think its a sorta interesting topic i would like to know if there are ppl here that really try to do Lucid Dreaming ?

I had those experience as well once or twice even thaught i did not really try, just happend to notice that i was dreaming while i was ...

The thing behind Lucid Dreaming is that ppl try to know when they dream to control their dream !
    Its really cool thing if you can do as you like in your dream but i am not sure if its really possible to train for something like this.

more infos : http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_Dreamin...tion_Techniques

So what do you think about it and are there ppl here who are doing it or might try it now ?

2. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    like from that one Mages Guild Mission in Oblivion?

3. A4NoOb

Newcomer A4NoOb Advanced Member

United States
    Lucid dreaming is kind of weird. I would try to think of something and it would turn out the opposite >_>

4. laminaatplaat

Member laminaatplaat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    COOOL!!!! i never knew it had a name etc. THe last time i had a dream like that was around 2 years ago..

Not sure why it happened then and not now (it happened al ot then), didn't really have a technique for it, but it was fucking awesome [​IMG] Would love to do it again, because it is fun!

5. Sonicslasher

Member Sonicslasher In Law we trust.

United States
    What I usually do to control my dreams is shoot myself. Once I know I cannot die then I can control the dream, but only to a certain degree. To wake myself up I fly at extreme speeds or jump off a tall building.

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    There were a few threads recently on the subject but OK

Lucid dreaming as I understand it is the ability to control your dreams. I can pull it off but only in light sleep i.e. the last hour or two and most of the time it is a bit like breakout in that I only have some guidance rather than full control.

Better than that though is incorporating the world around your into your dream, I crashed on the sofa when film four was showing a random black and white film about a scientist who discovered a youth potion (I am sure the name that film crew would kick me for not recalling the name of it as I am fairly sure it was popular). The speech got merged in and it was decidedly weird (and this is after a "lifetime" of sci-fi, fantasy and normal science afflicted dreams).

7. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    Being able to control your dreams was called "imagination" back when I was a kid.
    Or, huff some ether and you'll think you're flying. There ya go, no need to check your clock every five minutes, or going to sleep with a full bladder (honestly, you want to realize how fucking stupid something is? Read the experts tell you how to achieve it, presto!)

8. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
  9. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    I downloaded some lucid dreaming mp3s, and ever since i started, in every dream i all of a sudden get to go rambo on a bunch of aliens >=]

and yes, the occasional sexy dream

10. distorted.freque

Member distorted.freque I'm getting mixed signals here!

Canada
    That explains a lot! Now I know I'm not mildly insane. :3