Hacking LU66 modable?

elguapo75

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've softmodded a couple consoles already, but the latest one that was brought to me has the LU66 serial number and haven't been able to find much about them. Are the LU66 serial numbers softmodable at this time?

Thanks in advance

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
Don't softmod your Wii. OK?
Wow you're full of useful information today.

The LU66 Wiis have been reported to work perfectly fine with any LU64+ guide.

So long as you know what you're doing (which you should since you've said you've done this before), you'll be fine.

suchatd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
i dont' sure that LU66 can use softmod.
coz new wii come with new DVD Drive that can't read any DVD-R/DVD+R media that make any modchip not working ^^

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suchatd said:
coz new wii come with new DVD Drive that can't read any DVD-R/DVD+R media that make any modchip not working ^^
I'm not 100% sure I've translated this correctly .. but you seem to be comparing softmod to a modchip. You know one is a hardware modification and the other is software? They are not allike in any way other than the end goal.

I've already stated that there are numerous people that have successfully softmodded their LU66 Wii. So why would you go on to say that you're not sure? It doesn't really matter if you're not sure. You not being sure doesn't negate the fact that people have successfully softmodded their LU66 Wiis. Mmkay?

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suchatd said:
i softmodded a lu65 np. it reads dvd-r/dvd+r np at all.

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
dvd drivers chip is FMCC9518HT

it can't be softmodded.

but sunkey support it.

just like korea wii is lkm 1064+ or taiwan wii is ltf 2xx

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even if he was right, who cares. Loading burned discs is so over with. Like stone age man
smileipb2.png

suchatd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Deviyl said:
I'm not 100% sure I've translated this correctly .. but you seem to be comparing softmod to a modchip. You know one is a hardware modification and the other is software? They are not allike in any way other than the end goal.

I've already stated that there are numerous people that have successfully softmodded their LU66 Wii. So why would you go on to say that you're not sure? It doesn't really matter if you're not sure. You not being sure doesn't negate the fact that people have successfully softmodded their LU66 Wiis. Mmkay?

i know about soft and chipmod but you don't know that new korean wii can't read dvd-/+R anymore i mean very new wii.
you can't use cioscorp, backup launcher or even modchip like sunkey, drivekey , wasabi dx etc.

i know what i say, don't blame anyone without know the truth

tanis698 said:
i softmodded a lu65 np. it reads dvd-r/dvd+r np at all.

not any more for newest wii

QUOTE(kavid @ Aug 12 2009, 08:17 AM)
dvd drivers chip is FMCC9518HT

it can't be softmodded.

but sunkey support it.

just like korea wii is lkm 1064+ or taiwan wii is ltf 2xx

sunkey can use? i try to use sunkey and not working

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
Yeah he's talking out of his ass. There are no drives that don't read bruned discs...
hold on, it could be true. even wiipower himself its possible nintendo is modifying there dvd drives because theres no legal use for dvd-r's. but i doubt that the case here. maybe in the future we'll see more.

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suchatd my wii is a newer wii so stop telling me it can't. i just my brother's wii yesterday it was a lu66 and plays backups just fine. maybe you don't know what you are doing softmodding then. there is people who bought the brand new black wii's and it works just like the rest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself