jsugarsmacks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I have a friend who just purchased a Wii LU65 version 3.4U and he wants to run Backup Launcher or USB Loader GX. I should mention that he has no internet connection. I have scoured the forums and cannot find an answer to my questions. Following is the process I have deduced along with my concerns.

1. Run Bannerbomb to crash the Wii and start the Hackmii installer.

2. Install the Homebrew Channel

3. Here is where the confusion comes in. On my Wii (LU58) I simply used Wad Manager in the Homebrew Channel to install Waninkoko's CIOS38 rev13b but as I understand that is not possible on the LU65 Wiis. Is WiiGator's cboot2 or the LU64fix required to install this cios? Is one better than the other in terms of reliability (no bricks). This step is where I need the most help.

4. Once this CIOS is installed how do I then install the USB Loader GX channel wad and application? Will Backup Launcher work with this CIOS or will I have to install the CIOS for Backup Launcher?

5. On the LU65 Wii's I dont think the problem is installing wads through the Homebrew Channel, I think the issue is CIOSs and that is the only thing that cboot2 is used for (installing CIOSs, but I dont think this applies to this Wii, maybe I have to use the LU64fix and use it's CIOS to run USB Loader GX).

If there are any steps in the process please feel free to correct me (such as using bootmii to make a nand dump, is this really necessary?).

My last question is about pre-LU64 Wiis running menu 4.0u. Is it possible to use the twilight hack to install the Homebrew Channel on these Wii's. Can Wad Manager be used to install USB Loader GX without any special steps?

Thanks for all that GBAtemp does for the scene, I went from hating that I bought my Wii to playing it at least a little every day thanks to members help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: