Hacking LU64's and Upgrading/Downgrading

vegemikee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, i dont have much knowledge on LU64s, only the fact that they cant have bootmii as boot2 because of an updated boot1 and many other restrictions relating to homebrew.

I have a question. Many people i know that asked me to softmod their Wiis have LU64s. Is it safe to update the system menus to 4.1 (so i can use startpatch to disable updates, etc) with the IOS60 and SM4.1 wads via wad manager? Or will that result in a brick. Ive had no issues updating pre october 2008 wiis (including mine) with seperate individual wads. To my knowledge, i think downgrading LU64's will give you a full brick because of something relating to boot1/boot2 (not sure).
The system menus they are on atm are 3.3. If it is safe to downgrade to 3.2, then i think it would be a better alternative than updating to 4.1

I just want to make sure that im not ruining a Wii thats not mine, otherwise id be in big brouble
tongue.gif

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea, don't downgrade an lu64, upgrade them to 4.1 if you plan on using priiloader with cioscorp for a region free disc channel (4.2 has no region free priiloader hack yet)

vegemikee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well im not a fan of using cioscorp, so that wont concern me. i just plan to use neogamma. since its not my wii, im not sure if they want to buy games from wiishop, so i guess the SD card could come in handy.
thanks, just needed to clarify that updating with individual wads is 'safe'

vegemikee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, im pretty savvy with most homebrew apps, backup launching, ios' etc.
its just this whole lu64 thing that kinda stops me from doing certain things to friends wiis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol