Hacking LU63 wii with newer boot 1

wadzinsky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got my hands on a LU63 Wii with a newer boot1 that won't allow bootmii to be installed as boot2. Is this a rare occurrence or is this pretty common. I've seen a LU65 that could have bootmii installed as boot2.

I used my Wii to do some tests (i.e. Installing PriiLoader and such to do a nand backup just to run the experiment on my fully-able-to-be-recovered-incase-of-retard-error wii. I made the mistake of re-installing the system menu from the NSMB disc after installing preloader. Preloader wouldn't boot the system menu, instead it kept booting itsself. 1 site said to reinstall preloader after reinstalling the system menu wad. So I did that and bricked my own wii. Good thing I did it on mine.
smile.gif
Now I know not to do that. So, after a nand restore on my Wii, I decided to do it again and this time it worked. (doing the exact same steps as before w/o having to reinstall the system menu from wad) So I'm not quite sure what happened. But I feel about 75% sure I can mod this wii without problems. I'd rather be 99.9% or even 100.1% sure.

I guess the original question, Why does everyone say LU64 is the one to watch out for since a LU63 also has that modified Boot1, and some LU65's do not? Are these just freaks?

Thanks

Edit: Aparently there IS a difference between Preloader and Priiloader. I used Priiloader. Would like to get my hands on Preloader. (sorry for confusion)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's because Wii serials don't mean jack. I've heard of LU32s(supposedly older Wiis) that can't have boot2 modified, so yeah. Nintendo doesn't really have an order with serials.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the first digit seems to not be related to date. perhaps it represents which plant it came from?

A few years back, I saw walmart with lu517's and best buy with lu317's at the same time.

The transition time was around 40, whatever that's representing (month?).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte