Hacking LT 2.0 and spoofed drives work with AP 2.5?

KTroopA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My Samsung m28 is on LT 2.0, however gears 3 will not boot. I get dirty disk error. I've burned it correctly using imgburn, have read that my drive cud be bored/old. I want to insert a Benq in its place and wondered if I spoof it as a Samsung, whether it wud then load the XDG3 games like gears 3. I've read Sammy's are not great on this new format. Does anyone know if I spoof my benq to Samsung will AP 2.5 work also?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can not spoof with LT (save for stuff like the liteon drives that are the same hardware with different firmware) although I guess now we have the glitch attack you could see about editing various things (although I am told editing keyvaults is not quite as simple as it once was).

Anyhow before considering that can you try it on another machine- the XDG3 stuff is quite new so it could well be a bad burn (either on your part or just random).

Also Samsung drives never had AP2.5 and so they should have worked all along or do you enjoy that already and wonder if AP2.5 would spring up (yes if so although refer back to the first paragraph).

KTroopA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
im thinking i might be better off ordering a new samsung m28, then its a straight board swap right. i burned gears 3 twice and same dirty disk error. didnt know about the spoof issue with LT. do you mean i cant spoof a Benq as a Samsung and then flash that to LT 2.0?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Spoofing of different hardware was with the release of LT, there are several models of drive with the same hardware and different software (firmware) which can still be "spoofed" but no longer can you stick a hitachi in place of a benq. If you can get CPU keys (see glitch attack) and such you can mod things to be different (although again I am not sure what goes with current stuff) meaning although you can not spoof the console thinks it wants that model of drive (if you sent it to the MS repair shop they can change drive model).

But yeah you can do a board swap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.