LT+ 1.1 out

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by codezer0, Dec 15, 2010.

Dec 15, 2010

LT+ 1.1 out by codezer0 at 7:33 AM (902 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. codezer0
    OP

Member codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    Ironically, seems to add support for Xbox 1 backups (they had to be ixtreme compatible first).

Also adds "improved PFI support".

New jungleflaster too.

Found out about it first showing up on piratebay before I saw it was also released on ixtreme.net

2. codezer0
    OP

United States
    Okay, this brings up one question... how do you tell if they were ixtreme compatible? did they have to be modified first for the 360 to play them? I'm confused on that one.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I am not entirely sure with this new iteration (if it is the same then that is fine but if something changed what follows might not be totally accurate) but as we pretty much own the original xbox and dual layer discs were hideously expensive back when most games were ripped to fit on single layer or otherwise be smaller.

When the 360 rolled around this obviously would not do (JTAG aside) so there needed to be a bunch of new 360 rips, some groups provided a few but there were not many and never really spread far so people had to make their own. ixtreme compatible more specifically referred to rips made to work with ixtreme- earlier xtreme firmwares did not care much about stealth and were experimenting a bit with original xbox titles, the first big banwave hit and stealth became the order of the day.
    I believe there was also a measure of faking 360 iso appearances but that should be covered in any guide.

Still my general advise for matters of original xbox games is find an original xbox and use that- they are cheap to buy, cheap if not free to hack and they have no fiddly nonsense compared to the 360 not to mention higher compatibility.

4. codezer0
    OP

United States
    Yea... at this point though, I did have an xbox 1, but had to get rid of it because it just wouldn't power on anymore, or would really make you fight to let you use it. So all I have is the 360, which has been a freaking tank if anything.