LoZ: OoT .WAD-file...

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by GHBAimen, Feb 15, 2010.

Feb 15, 2010

LoZ: OoT .WAD-file... by GHBAimen at 3:21 PM (3,231 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. GHBAimen
    OP

Member GHBAimen GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Weird! Nintendo never used the new version of the LoZ: OoT that contained in the Nintendo GameCube! They using the Nintendo 64 version of the LoZ: OoT in the .WAD-file.

How do I know that? Becouse the most popular thing is how Nintendo has used things from the religion of Islam. On the shield so you can see a moon and a star who is about as symbolic of Islam.

[​IMG]
    On the left side you can see the Nintendo 64 version and the right side you can see the Nintendo GameCube version.​

So why didn't Nintendo use the new version of the LoZ: OoT found in Nintendo Gamecube version in the .WAD-file?

/GHBAimen

2. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    Who actually gives a damn?!

3. GHBAimen
    OP

Sweden
    I care! Excuse me if I have come to the wrong place to discuss about this but if you do not care so you do not have to make a post here on this thread.

4. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I'm guessing they didn't add it since they do want to emulate the N64 version fully. The last thing Ninty wants is N64 purists shouting them down over a damn shield. It also dodges probably some dumb uproar from religious groups.

The Gamecube version had spotty emulation, or so I thought anyway, although that's probably not the problem.

5. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I really don't have an answer to that one... Maybe it's because it was easier to make a wad out of the original? But, that still wouldn't make sense. I'm Muslim, and I don't really find it offensive that they have the crescent and star on a shield. Heck, Nintendo tries to censor any sort of religion in games. Like in Final Fantasy 1, they replaced the cross on top of the churches with a heart.

6. GHBAimen
    OP

Sweden
    I am also a Muslim but do you think it is wrong that Nintendo put a censorship on the OoT? The shield does not much matter to me about the moon and star, but what do you say about the LoZ: Oot v1.0 version when you hear the chanting in the background of the song in the Fire Temple?

The Nintendo GameCube version do they use a N64 emulator for start LoZ: Oot on the Nintendo GameCube. The only thing they have changed is the texture of this game and much more. So I can not see what the hard part is having to use the Nintendo GameCube version of the LoZ: OoT in the VC?

We've managed to hack into OoT: MQ for VC...

7. Slyakin

United States
    Wait, what? Chanting? I never played the original, I only played the Gamecube version... Well, that's a bit odd. Now I'm really confused, but not mad. LittleBigPlanet did stuff just like that, with verses of the Qu'ran in some music.

8. GHBAimen
    OP

Sweden
    Zelda: Ocarina of Time Music - Fire Temple [chanting version]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_nCxM9ofhI

You will hear at once that it is Islam chanting.

9. Slyakin

United States
    My goodness, the chanting is SO OBVIOUS. How did Nintendo manage to do something like this? Gosh.

OT: I still don't know why, but maybe they were trying to be original, but forgot about the changes they had to make?

10. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    2 words: who cares
    it's just a damn game

11. Slyakin

United States
    I'm not whining, and yes, it is just a "damn game."

But the person was just wondering, and he cam here to find some answers. What's so wrong with that?

12. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    To be honest, USA to me is too sensitive and afraid that they can be sued from other Europe like this picture of Islam. I find it nothing wrong with that and they are... I don't know.. weird, perhaps.

13. GHBAimen
    OP

Sweden
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207487
    Is it just me who laughs at this? xD

14. Slyakin

United States
    Yeah, blade, don't be a hypocrite. Like you said, it's only a "damn game." [​IMG]

15. GHBAimen
    OP

Sweden
    Maybe a bit late to say this but have found that there is. T64-files that may be small patches to the game. Can imagine that it's texture to the game as it has changed. And the ROM file in the WAD is version LoZ: Oot v1.2! Problem solved! xD