Hacking LoZ: OoT gateway save file gone!

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had a cartridge with that save file thing, it was working just fine, then just a few minutes ago, i tried to start up the exploit, and it started with a black screen, saying something like preparing save files or something like that ( i didnt get a chance to read it). then when it started up, the file was gone! it was working before, and it may be weeks before i can get the save back on the cartridge! if i get the save file back on there, might this happen again? and what do you think caused this?

jumpo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This happened to me after the 2nd time I did the exploit. I've now done it about 5 times since and the save is still there. I've been extra cautious because I'd be without it for a while if I need to get the save again. Basically I've just been leaving it in emunand mode not turning it off and when I do the exploit I make sure to give everything time and close the 3ds once the gateway menu is up before I take zelda out. Been fine since

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any unusual pranormal activity in your neck of the woods?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 262

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if you try to start a new game in one of the other slots, the save will be deleted, if you try to copy the exploit save to another slot, the save will be deleted, if you run diagnostics in the gateway menu with a retail cart in the 3DS the save will be deleted

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me the first time as well. It's typically a corrupted save file, just transfer it again and you should be ok.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you try to start a new game in one of the other slots, the save will be deleted, if you try to copy the exploit save to another slot, the save will be deleted, if you run diagnostics in the gateway menu with a retail cart in the 3DS the save will be deleted
any retail cart? anyway, i think i did the diagnostic test on accident without removing thecartridge. thanks

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
any retail cart? anyway, i think i did the diagnostic test on accident without removing thecartridge. thanks
yeah.....only ones it might not delete the save with would be card2 games like pokemon or animal crossing, but part of the diagnostics test is to format the save chip (spi test) so if you run it with any card1 game in the slot your save will be wiped

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This happened to me as well.
How I fixed it is by waiting 10 seconds or so when in the gateway menu before swapping cartridges.
Haven't had it since.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah.....only ones it might not delete the save with would be card2 games like pokemon or animal crossing, but part of the diagnostics test is to format the save chip (spi test) so if you run it with any card1 game in the slot your save will be wiped
oh, i didnt know that... and what is the difference between card 1 and card 2? the other time i asked the question was the save format was a little different, and it had a slightly bigger save file. also, the reply box thing isnt appearing at the bottom of the screen, why?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
oh, i didnt know that... and what is the difference between card 1 and card 2? the other time i asked the question was the save format was a little different, and it had a slightly bigger save file. also, the reply box thing isnt appearing at the bottom of the screen, why?
its just a different method of saving the game(card1 saves to a separate save ship i.e game is on a rom, save is on a small flash chip in the cart so 2 chips, card2 save to the same chip as the game is stored on but in a rewritable region).....so im assuming the spi reset thing diagnostics does probably wouldn't cause it to be deleted.....but i havent actually tried it out myself

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me as well.
How I fixed it is by waiting 10 seconds or so when in the gateway menu before swapping cartridges.
Haven't had it since.

Timing shouldn't matter, once you hit the grey screen OoT has done it's part to overload memory and then launcher.dat takes over. I've been switching my card out once I see grey screen and haven't had any problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.