Gaming LoZ Majora's Mask - What is the "New 3DS-only" feature?

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while back, Aonuma stated that gameplay on a New 3DS will 'differ' to the gameplay on a normal 3DS. I've been hearing of European gamers getting their systems early through the mail, so they might already see the new changes in gameplay. Does anyone know what this feature may be? The game has Circle Pad pro support, and may use the C-stick and new buttons in some way, but I hope it isn't something as completely underwhelming as that.

Does anyone have any clues on this?

ubergeek77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The C-Stick implementation to have free-camera. XD
That is remarkably underwhelming. I was hoping it would be something that isn't so obvious. Even the difference in graphics on the N64 when using an expansion pack was a bit more exciting.

Oh well. Nintendo gonna hype.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. C stick only, they ask you one question at the beginning whether you want to implement it or not.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That is remarkably underwhelming. I was hoping it would be something that isn't so obvious. Even the difference in graphics on the N64 when using an expansion pack was a bit more exciting.

Oh well. Nintendo gonna hype.
Perhaps some additional processing power but I don't really think there would be much more to it.

ubergeek77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps some additional processing power but I don't really think there would be much more to it.
Probably not. The framerate is really solid on the normal 3DS, even with the 3D on. There isn't much they can do aside from reducing the occasional lag when fighting enemies in Termina Field, but it did that in the original as well. If they use the original as a base like they did for OoT, those hangups probably wouldn't be fixed by more power anyway, not to mention the game probably isn't multithreaded.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Now if only Game Freak could stop being lazy asses and optimize Pokemon. It's unbelievable how badly it lags in battles when Zelda runs perfectly (both MM and ALBW).
Didn't the v1.1 and v1.2 updates fix that?
I recall having lag too but after the patches I barely even noticed lag at all.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Didn't the v1.1 and v1.2 updates fix that?
I recall having lag too but after the patches I barely even noticed lag at all.

No, that's only for online and to fix bugs (and probably add a shit ton of restrictions for online play Pokes).

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, that's only for online and to fix bugs (and probably add a shit ton of restrictions for online play Pokes).
Really?
I always play offline and could swear that main battles didn't lag that much after the update.

Also, I do hope Nintendo releases a patch to fix the Deku Link acceleration when using the A Button attack to get more speed when jumping in water.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Really?
I always play offline and could swear that main battles didn't lag that much after the update.

Also, I do hope Nintendo releases a patch to fix the Deku Link acceleration when using the A Button attack to get more speed when jumping in water.

Try doing a triple battle with 3D on to see how bad it lags, even if it's offline.
I've even seen lags in single offline battles, without 3D.

The graphics in battle are great, but the lag sometimes make the experience not that pleasant, still, 6th gen is one of my favorites so far.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try doing a triple battle with 3D on to see how bad it lags, even if it's offline.
I've even seen lags in single offline battles, without 3D.

The graphics in battle are great, but the lag sometimes make the experience not that pleasant, still, 6th gen is one of my favorites so far.
That explains it then, I haven't got to the point of triple battles just yet.

Canadacdn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
C-Stick camera controls only, also available if you use a CPP. (Why couldn't you support it in Smash again, Nintendo?)

I'd really like to see a patch add the ability to bind different controls to ZR and ZL like B or A button functionality for each. It would make playing with free camera much more comfortable. Right now, trying to attack while you move the camera is pretty awkward.

Reactions: cvskid

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Probably not. The framerate is really solid on the normal 3DS, even with the 3D on. There isn't much they can do aside from reducing the occasional lag when fighting enemies in Termina Field, but it did that in the original as well. If they use the original as a base like they did for OoT, those hangups probably wouldn't be fixed by more power anyway, not to mention the game probably isn't multithreaded.
The N64 game was multithreaded, why wouldn't the 3DS remake be?

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe i see wrong but i noticed some framedrops on my 3DS version, and when i see the new 3ds version it run a lot more smoothly, so the game is realy optimised for N3DS more than 3DS, i would guess the fps move from +-30 and 60 and is quite stable at 45-50 most of the time in big spaces.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game runs much smoother on the new 3ds compared to the old 3ds since I have both and a circle pad pro I can really do some comparing but the circle pad pro is soooo much better then the c-stick but then again you can play the whole game without even using it. But the c-stick is not that bad at all I played resident evil revelations and beat the game on hard with the c-stick so its ok

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I bought the new 3ds + majora's mask bundle. Will I be able to do a system transfer from one of my old 3dses and still keep the majora's mask from the bundle somehow?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i have that stupid connector on my gpu luckily it's only a 300w gpu so i should(?) be fine since...