Gaming Lower screen has running colors, replaced it, still doing it.

Madhatta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I am posting here as it's the closest thing I can find to a technical discussion forum. I have a Nintendo DS lite that the bottom screen has some issues with running colors in certain scenes. Blacks for example the top part of the screen shows a gray/yellow sort of color. It's only noticeable in some games too like Picross 3D everything is kind of grainy and makes it difficult to play. Anyway I spent the 15 bucks to get the screwdrivers, the screen and the touch screen from a place.

I decided to only replace the actual LCD screen and not the touch screen because I read some reviews stating that the after market ones weren't as sensitive. Anyway I get the thing back together and it's still doing the same thing and maybe even a little worse than before.

I can't see how the touch screen would be affecting the display output of the DS. Was hoping someone might have some suggestions. If it's a faulty motherboard I guess I will just have to live with it but it's like one of these problems that's just annoying enough to bother me but not annoying enough to make me want to throw the DS away or anything. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I would post pictures but I am unsure of how I would capture something in that fine of detail and is intermittent.

If more explanation is needed I will try my best.

Again any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Madhatta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I will try to snap some pictures. It's a little difficult to capture. I am positive everything is hooked in right as it was doing the exact same thing before I took it apart. I will try to grab some pics later.

thanks for the response.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse