Hacking Lower is better or go all the way up to 4.1 ?

MonMonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
i have my switch collecting dust on version "2.1"
so the question is obvious..should i stay there as the developers have always advised us that "Lower is better!"
or should i update to 4.1 after the new information that announced the CFW will be for all up to 4.1 in the same time? (Excluding 1.00 of course)
thanks in advance :)

Salazar-DE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only update if you have a game you want to play on the Switch that you can't wait for. Note that if you're updating to 5.0.1 it's going to become more complicated to hack than your current firmware version.

Reactions: MonMonz

salvatore

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i don't know, cfw will be out this summer for all fw under 4.1, i'm on 1.0 and i have buy same time ago mario, i'd like play this this game but i have not upgrade my nsw,
and i i have not understund. can i up the console and play or i is better stay on 1.0?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would leave it where it is currently on, you can always manually update to 3.0.0 if you need to update using Pokken Tournament DX update but make sure to get the 000 version not 001. Backup options is you can leave this one alone or hunt down a 1.0.0 firmware, but that would cost you a good chunk of money, due to the way people scalp. Expect release date is around summer time for Atmosphere.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you like Pokken, you can buy that, which will update you to 3.0.0, and you can play emulators. :P

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
i don't know, cfw will be out this summer for all fw under 4.1, i'm on 1.0 and i have buy same time ago mario, i'd like play this this game but i have not upgrade my nsw,
and i i have not understund. can i up the console and play or i is better stay on 1.0?
leave it mine is collecting dust. we will get cfw before everyone else, also i tweeted kate from reswitched she told me she would never update a 1.0.0 console. so dont honestly wait a month or so and grab a copy of puyo puyo ntsc j

MonMonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I am stupid :D
Depends. Do you have other consoles to play on? Do you really need the update?
Ti be honest I dont have any other gaming system so just want to know is there any deference between 2.x and 4.x

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Unless you plan on using it anytime soon, just leave it.
Actually i wanna use it so mich but if that means no hombrew for me then yea i can wait a little bit more

1.00 is guaranteed to get things faster so i geuss u should wait on the other side 2.x wont so i dont know what to do

Well, if you like Pokken, you can buy that, which will update you to 3.0.0, and you can play emulators. :P
Its way over priced game..i would prefer buying odesy instead as
*i have a limited budget for games*

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
id wait nothing to loose honestly you waited alot and only a couple of month.
at least you can find a used game and play it, im on 1.0.0 and everything i found has an update :D

and i dont think updating to 3.0 for homebrew is worth it, at the time being to be honest.
just stay where you are and when things get released you will know where to go

either way dont go past 3.0 that is what i would donif i had a console on 2.1, and i wouldnt even go there cause homebrew scene is still emerging so nothing fancy there

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you have a single game is good to go because there's lot of defective switches and with one game at least you can test the console and if it gives you any problem you will get a new one...

If you didn't test the console you may hack it and then if it dies you may already be out of warranty or Nintendo may refuse to fix...

Last edited by guily6669,

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
In my opinion, enjoy the first two years of a console and update as you want to play games. Then, when hacks will be released (and I don't doubt they will be on any firmware in two years) enjoy custom firmwares and homebrews :D

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Guys Anyone Here With 1.0 who actually installed Homebrew Or just Speculations :D

my copy of puyo is with the customs at the moment so i still havent tried anything.

i read that we can't yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-