Low Level Bricked Wii cant get into recovery mode.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Auyx, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Auyx
    OP

Auyx GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator

Jun 20, 2007
    Staffordshire
    I have Bricked my wii [​IMG]

The machine was downgraded from 4.0 to 3.2E and had cIOS and HBC installed on it. The machine has a D2Ckey installed. I have tryed to boot the machine into recovery mode using a GC pad for a Savemii and have tryed about 30 times with different timeings holding the buttons down to no result I am just stuck with a black screen.

The brick was caused whin I tryed to run Metroid Prime Wii De Asobu with a English language patch applied. The game would not boot via Geko OS and was asking for an update, I stupidly thought that it would just result in dual weather and news channels and I could play the game. The update was applied very quickly and the wii tryed to reboot but since then all I have had is the black screen.

I am at a loss as to what I can do to fix it seeing as I cant get into the recovery mode. It seems wierd that I cant though becuse the system menu should still be intact shouldent it?

Any help would be great otherwise im gonna have to desolder a D2Ckey full 32 wire install and send it back to Ninty (not my idead of fun).

Thanks

2. Wiisel

Wiisel GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 4, 2008
    want a tenner for it?

3. Auyx
    OP

Jun 20, 2007
    Staffordshire
    Im good thanks a quick trip to argos will get it exchanged but it just means im gonna have to install the chip again.

4. Auyx
    OP

Jun 20, 2007
    Staffordshire
    Im good thanks a quick trip to argos will get it exchanged but it just means im gonna have to install the chip again.

5. Auyx
    OP

Jun 20, 2007
    Staffordshire
    sorry for the triple post damn wireless.

6. Wiisel

Wiisel GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 4, 2008
    no worries i needed a shell so thought id ask before visiting ebay