"Love stinks..Oh yeeeeaaah yea-uh"

Darkcloak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do I feel so pathetic when I have strong feelings for a girl...not in my pants, well yeah in my pants BUT also elsewhere. Somewhere in the chest region. Not even sure if I wanna spill my guts but if anyone can help me I'm sure an internet gaming forum can....
unsure.gif

In a nutshell she has an out of work boyfriend (how long he's been out of work, I dunno but at least 2 months) they've been together for a year, now she spends large chunks of her pay on him and funds his favorite nightly hobby. She tells me she's unhappy and stuff but also tells me she loves him. Well a couple of her friends+her bf and me get together for her b-day, we eat, hang out and stuff. By the end of the night I think the guy is pretty cool (the bf).

Now if I spill my guts in a smooth truthfull way
blink.gif
things might turn out pretty well for me, but is it fair to her bf? No, Do I even have a chance? Maybe? (i kinda get mixed messenges) All I really want is to become an option for her and just for her to decide. Thus I won't have to deal with the guilt of leaving a 39 yr old guy without a job AND alone (she's 20)

See I can't compromise my scruples/morals whenever it suits my selfish needs, or else there'd be no point in having them. I'd might as well become scum. This is why I don't steal, try my best to be honest, etc. I believe if I compromised my beliefs id be essentialy "killing myself" giving birth to a new me, a different "me" you know? That might be too deep for some of you, or perhaps I didn't take the time to explain it properly. Also I think how long I've gone without say...stealing, 20 years, and think I can't just throw all those years away (I'm 23, I still remember being knee high and holding my mom's hand while I walked out of a grocery store with a rubber toy plane thing with a cartoon rabbit pilot, lol I was chewing on it(I have photographic memory))...but enough of my self-righteous bs

Thing is for some stupid reason she seems so perfect, personality wise, yeah she's beutiful too but its like I don't have an interest in any other girl because of her...there a lot of hot girls around, some kinda flirty, but its like if I got to know them id hate them...compared to her. THIS is my REAL problem...I think.

God...am I in love with this girl or something? I'd hate to admit it...seeing as I've only known her for about a month (random convos during my break, (we work together) lots of texting etc) maybe I'm just pathetic? God damn feelings and crap "shakes fist at the sky", wish I could just say fuck off heart and feel fine, or maybe just plunge my hand into my chest and pull out my metaphorical feelings and breath a sigh of releaf.

Guess I'm just hoping for a brutal flaming to snap me back to reality as id be surprised if anyone here was equipped to give me any advice, and for god sakes I'm not emo, anyone calls me emo and I'll chuck a javelin at their face!
dry.gif

D

Deleted_171835

Ya, it probably is. You'll get more useful responses there. Ask a mod to move this.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yup, sounds like more of a blog entry.

I'd have confided in my friends first before bringing this to the attention of random strangers on the internet.
tongue.gif

Anyway... my advice is to just remain friends for now. Coming between this girl and her boyfriend could cause a rift or a problem, and she may blame/hold you responsible for that.

Darkcloak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
Yup, sounds like more of a blog entry.

I'd have confided in my friends first before bringing this to the attention of random strangers on the internet.
tongue.gif

Anyway... my advice is to just remain friends for now. Coming between this girl and her boyfriend could cause a rift or a problem, and she may blame/hold you responsible for that.

Mostly assumed hardly anyone here would even care so the stranger thing isn't that big a deal, but I actually thought just posting this would make me feel better, it sorta did...slightly...I think, not really.

That's good advice, I guess this way everyone wins...or at least no one loses. I also had a thought...what if she reads this? There's a good chance that either she or someone she knows could read this, as we're all pretty hardcore gamers. In which case I'd probably "smoke bomb" my way out of the situation, or at the very least I'll salvage what's left of my dignity by cutting all ties? I dunno. Whatever goes, I'll just deal with whatever comes my way the best I can.

I go to the gym but recently I wonder if I should cancel that and go back to karate (I've had years of training in the past), I wouldn't need both. I mostly do my own thing to keep my mind sharp and maintain flexibility. Reason I bring this up is I wonder if its just what I need right now....besides other things obviously lol ( . )( . )

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I've moved the thread.

I agree with what Edhel said. But I also think it'd be good for you to let her know in a subtle way that you care for her and will ("always") be around if she needs you. (For your own sanity).

If she thinks of you in a mutual way (be it now or in the future), as long as you're single I don't see why she won't give the response you want from her.

If she doesn't ever leave her boyfriend (for whatever reason) then it's probably never going to happen.

Unless you do make a full on move for her (before the split) I wouldn't blame you for a breakup as it is her decision to make.

And even if it is your fault, it doesn't necessarily mean that it was the wrong move to make (especially if it makes her happier being with you in the end).

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
We're not here to decide your life for you, but if you do get her to leave him for you I hope you will not be surprised if she one day leaves you for another guy as well.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one here seeing him 39 and her 20 as a possible other issue that we have a daddy figure in age using a little girl for a meal ticket and his 'nightly entertainment?' Fuck 'em, tell her what's up.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DID SOMEBODY SAY BRUTAL FLAMING??!!
No, srsly, she's 20, you're a 39 year old loser, it's not happening, dude, unless she's got really low self esteem and is ugly. Hmm, that was kind of mean. But srsly, 39 + 20 = no. That's actually pretty fucking creepy. Seriously, wtf.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Well to me, you should be straight up with her. You have to admit what's happiness without enjoyment, you loving her is a sign of her distress. She's unhappy because she's spending money (This is EXTREMELY rare where a female spends money on a jobless S.O.B.) of that loser!! Personally if I was you, I will manipulate the whole concept and tell her that I will do anything to make her happy. She will feel guilty about it, look at the 39 year old geezer, choosing does she want to take care a baby who doesn't know how to feed/find a job or be with someone who values her more than just fleecing off of her cash.

Dude its time when moral and guilt becomes an illusion and you just let her know how much she can be happy if she was with you!

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
Well to me, you should be straight up with her. You have to admit what's happiness without enjoyment, you loving her is a sign of her distress. She's unhappy because she's spending money (This is EXTREMELY rare where a female spends money on a jobless S.O.B.) of that loser!! Personally if I was you, I will manipulate the whole concept and tell her that I will do anything to make her happy. She will feel guilty about it, look at the 39 year old geezer, choosing does she want to take care a baby who doesn't know how to feed/find a job or be with someone who values her more than just fleecing off of her cash.

Dude its time when moral and guilt becomes an illusion and you just let her know how much she can be happy if she was with you!

Whoa
blink.gif
that there is some strong words. I also think that Cannonbeat is right, and if you do get her, make sure that Sephi's prediction doesn't come true.
wink.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chao1212 said:
No, srsly, she's 20, you're a 39 year old loser, it's not happening, dude, unless she's got really low self esteem and is ugly. Hmm, that was kind of mean. But srsly, 39 + 20 = no. That's actually pretty fucking creepy. Seriously, wtf.

39 + 20 = Not creepy

I would tap a 39 year old woman if she's attractive.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hop2089 said:
chao1212 said:

39 + 20 = Not creepy

I would tap a 39 year old woman if she's attractive.

I'm 26 and my girlfriend is 35. Most of her friends say she's "robbing the cradle". I don't really see the problem. But then again, same sex relationships are a little different.

Darkcloak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Status update: She seems to have picked her boyfriend, my guess is she has zero interest in me...and so the story goes...

Guess plutonic friendship is my only option, so....yep. Guess I'll see you guys in the next chapter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap. +1