Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, the poll speaks for itself. I'm amazed by the amount of threads from people with these kinds of problems, so I decided to conduct a little "public research" on the matter. Is there something bothering you? Do you want to ask that cute girl out but don't know how? Has a friend of yours backstabbed you recently? Are you having a hard time at school/university because of that ass who makes fun of you? Of course, this is not meant to be a problem page from a paper, but hey... if you don't want to get too personal, it's OK. But I'd like to hear about the problems of my fellow tempers.

As for me, in case you're wondering, I've got no problems at all with my friends. I only have a few, to be honest, so things usually go as smooth as silk with them. There's a group of people in my class... no, wait, just a few people, including me, don't belong to that group... so I guess that the whole class except us 5 or 6 makes going to the university a pain in the rear. And... I guess I like a girl. I guess. She's got a boyfriend, so I don't pay much attention to how I feel about her. It makes things more beareable that way.

(PS: I'm not asking about sex problems because that's just too personal...
smileipb2.png
)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, no vote for me.

Wait a minutes.. I don't know who you are so I I'm not going to discuss my private life with total strangers. I only trust TWO people with EVERYTHING. Other than that, I trust myself more.

EmeraldEx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
There's a few problems, actually, but really it's better than it's ever been atm.

Like my friends, I have a good group, but there's started to be some anger between them (not towards me), and I can't take sides because they're both/all my friends.

And then there's relationships... I'm just really confused, and I'm sure she is too.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a generally tight-knit community with trustworthy, older members and younger teenagers who generally fit into the 'nerdy' category. It's been scientifically proven those who play plenty of games are likely to have less developed social skills too, so really it's expected that people have all of these problems and post them on this forum.
As for me, I just jumped the hurdle and asked someone out, and it's going great so far
smile.gif
. As for family, I've always been great with them. As for friends, I'm not satisfied with how close to people I am in general (I have lots of acquaintances, but not many close friends), mainly because I thrive with people who hold the same sort of maturity as me, but like to have simple fun, and obviously there aren't many people like that.
Thanks for asking btw, it's a genuinely nice thing to ask I feel - unless you're just incredibly nosy
tongue.gif

Calafas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm getting on *great* with all my friends at the minute, everything between me and them, and them with each other is all good at the minute. The only ever so slight downside, is that one of my (older) friends is dating my (20 something year old) sister, but i'm not gonna have a go at him for it - they seem happy enough, so...yeah :]

Relationship wise, about 2 months ago i ended a year and half long relationship with a girl, she bugged me for a bit, but shes recently just left me alone, and i'm going out with another girl now and thats going great
biggrin.gif

(yes, i've been told it was 'a bit quick', but meh, if you ask me, life's too short to wait around after relationships, if you find someone else you're happy with :])

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, to actually be honest, I never had any problems making friends, I'm very social person, I never was that kind of people that is constantly inside house playing games or on PC..
I'm very active in our punk scene, and overall, I'm very open person in real life..

I had bunch of friends over the years, and never had any problems with that..
I also never had love problems, because in my younger age I never actually "searched" girlfriends, I was more oriented towards music, and girlfriend thing just happened..
Now I'm in 4+ year long relationship, engaged, and very happy..
My friend circle at the current time isn't big, I have several friends and we're pretty much close..

Thank God I have no problems in my social or love life
smile.gif

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Relationship wise, about 2 months ago i ended a year and half long relationship with a girl, she bugged me for a bit, but shes recently just left me alone
I don't wanna make too much of a snap judgement on that statement, but that sounds pretty cold for a year and a half relationship. 'Bugging' isn't usually a term you use on someone you spent a year and a half of your life with.
Hope I don't sound too harsh, just wanted to get the full picture because I'm a nosy parker.

Calafas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:
Relationship wise, about 2 months ago i ended a year and half long relationship with a girl, she bugged me for a bit, but shes recently just left me alone
I don't wanna make too much of a snap judgement on that statement, but that sounds pretty cold for a year and a half relationship. 'Bugging' isn't usually a term you use on someone you spent a year and a half of your life with.
Hope I don't sound too harsh, just wanted to get the full picture because I'm a nosy parker.

No, thats fine.

Erm, right, one second she wanted to be friends with me, one second she loves me and wants me back, and then she suddenly hates me, and she changed her mind about twice a day in that time. She rung me every hour, asking me which friends i was with (she was *really* controlling when we together, and apparently thought she could be once we split up).
And the last, what, half year of that relationship wasnt too great, but i thought things would get better, y'know, and we could make it work. About a month in, she cheated on me. Right, I didnt dump her then, cause it was only a month in, heck, we'd barely even finished 'dating', so i let it slide.
But then, she basically told me i wasnt allowed any female-friends, and if i even talked to them, she went off on a little tantrum, and she didnt even want me talking to some of my male-friends just cause she didnt like them!
And it was all too much, and if you've read all that, well done, and now you see why i use the term 'bugging'

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting poll. I'll bite. I'm sick of these damn "normal" women who act like they're all grown up when they go to college. They act like they're sophisticated nd mad proper and shit. Girls act like this is the real game or whatever and start flauntin like they got somthin' nd shiat. I mean it's cool u can still go to the punk rock show and dance like no tomorrow but that only says so much.

I'm lookin for women who i can kick it with nd be friends with first. I'm lookin' for no pressure to go on formal dates nd shit. Yea lets go go do some adventrous stuff like exploring the abandoned factory or going to the frozen lake and bustin' our asses sliding around. but I won't go take you to see fired up or whatever is out on the big screen (mabye watchmen tho!). Instead of goin to some greasy ass restuarunt we'll cook together with local veggies.

Yeah, I'm talkin bout someone I liked but then saw her true colours and it saddens me a lil. But whatever you know I guess that's my problem. Coming out of a LTR and knowing what I want but not quite knowing at the same time. And you know the kicker, the cats that have those qualities I mentioned above, I'm scared of 'em too! We all got issues4tissues.

anyway, u like this chick well get to know her still I mean there's plenty time in the world nd she can break up with her boo whenver, you know? But if you're caught up like that then just start talking to other girls you know put her on the backburner.

-Sax

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Calafas said:
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:

No, thats fine.

Erm, right, one second she wanted to be friends with me, one second she loves me and wants me back, and then she suddenly hates me, and she changed her mind about twice a day in that time. She rung me every hour, asking me which friends i was with (she was *really* controlling when we together, and apparently thought she could be once we split up).
And the last, what, half year of that relationship wasnt too great, but i thought things would get better, y'know, and we could make it work. About a month in, she cheated on me. Right, I didnt dump her then, cause it was only a month in, heck, we'd barely even finished 'dating', so i let it slide.
But then, she basically told me i wasnt allowed any female-friends, and if i even talked to them, she went off on a little tantrum, and she didnt even want me talking to some of my male-friends just cause she didnt like them!
And it was all too much, and if you've read all that, well done, and now you see why i use the term 'bugging'

HOLY CRAP she is way to controlling.............HOW THE HECK DO YOU PUT UP WITH THAT?!?!??!?!?!?!

Calafas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:
Fair enough, I feel sorry for you being with her for one and a half years then aha. Clearly she needs a bit of help :\. I hate the controlling type.

Haha, yeah, same. But know, it wasnt all bad, heck, we had our laughs, but in the end, it was less and less good times...

Me and my new gf though, we go to school together, and we've been friend for like, 3-4 years now and stuff.
So thats good - she knows that most of my friends are in fact female, as she's seen me hanging out with them over the past few years, and she knows i hug them and that, and likewise, im cool with her having male friends and that, so it's all good. :]

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
Sorry, no vote for me.

Wait a minutes.. I don't know who you are so I I'm not going to discuss my private life with total strangers. I only trust TWO people with EVERYTHING. Other than that, I trust myself more.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't want to meddle in your life, at all. I thought this could be a good place to share experiences with other tempers if they didn't want to create an article on their own blogs. Besides, you see that you can talk about your life without giving personal info, can't you?
wink.gif

QUOTE(DeadLocked @ Feb 22 2009, 11:29 PM) Ahh there's no option for 'Just broke up with my GF but it's ok though because we're still friends and it was never meant to be' No vote from me sorreh.

Yeah, the poll is rather lacking, I admit
tongue.gif
There were just too many options I could have thrown in, but I decided to put only those I thought reflected the majority of the topics from other users's blogs.

PS: Glad to hear at least some people found this topic useful. It's late right now, but since I don't have to go to class on tuesday, I'll explain my situation tomorrow afternoon.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've liked this girl for quite a while now, but I don't have the guts to tell her I like her. I fear rejection (Everyone I know says it's normal to fear it...), and she's one of the only girls I know that's interested in a lot of things I am (Music, movies, etc.). I personally don't know if she knows I even exist, but I have a feeling she does.

I have dreams about her falling in love with me, and going through life while being with her, and she always seems to be looking in my general direction in classes I have with her, as if she likes me. I don't know...I just might stay single and not try to let her know I like her, as it might be the best option for me.

As for friends, I'm not much of a people-person. I've grown to actually start a conversation with people, rather than just saying hi or bye. Most of my real-friends are my neighbors (They're my age and love video games, so it's nice to have them as friends), since everyone at my school hates me (I'm always trying to be nice to everyone, so it can't be my attitude) since I'm overweight. I just wish people would look at personality, not appearance.

Also, I just realized how long this post is.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As I said yesterday, since I'm the topic creator, I'm obliged to post my own story in a full-fledged way. You see, I've never been much of a social person. I've always have just one good, trustworthy friend. Since I've started university, I've got closer to some people. I find them to be a breeze of fresh air in the stale atmosphere of my class. Among these people there's a girl I like. I mean, I "like" her... It's not that I'm in love with her, and I would certainly not know what to do if she liked me back. But I like her. Since she's got a boyfriend for some time now, I try not to think about this. I'd get depressed otherwise. There just too much between us for a relation to be possible.

AnimalCrossingX said:
As for friends, I'm not much of a people-person. I've grown to actually start a conversation with people, rather than just saying hi or bye. Most of my real-friends are my neighbors (They're my age and love video games, so it's nice to have them as friends), since everyone at my school hates me (I'm always trying to be nice to everyone, so it can't be my attitude) since I'm overweight. I just wish people would look at personality, not appearance.

Oh, trust me, I know how you feel. The people in my class have spent more than a year and a half teasing, insulting and constantly spitting at our faces, just because they think they're better than us. They claim they have more money and they get better marks than us, but in reality, they are much worse than us. I mean, if they know so much and are so good at everything, how come I always get at least 3 points more than them in the exams? *sigh* Posh and snob people are the worst type.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i'm happy to say that everything in my life, both girl and friend wise are going wonderfully.

I've been married for just over a year, and i've turned Wife® from a band/theater girl into a video-game-playing/internet-addicted/"backup"-game-downloading/Pen&Paper-RPGing geek. Not only that, but we're moving into a 5-bedroom house with 3 other geeks (which we are making a Classics room! Old TV, VCR, classic systems, couch, mini-fridge & microwave in one room!!! w00t!) and we are going to be starting to Vampire campaigns (pen & paper, not pc)... one for the house (cause all 5 of us enjoy a good simple PnP session lol) and one for the house w/ friends (so we can set up times when a few others can come over and play a campaign as well).

We are all social geeks as well, so there's no problems holding conversations with anyone else while we are out.

Mmm... a geek bachelor-pad... but i get to fall asleep with an awesome chick every night.

(however a few friends were facing tough times, but thats not me directly, however the stress of wanting or trying to help wears me down... I'm a big fan of everyone having smiles
tongue.gif
)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow WildWon, I'm always confused with your avatar, I think you are Toni Plutonij
wacko.gif

But I remember reading his post on the first page
tongue.gif

(yes, I base my reading on avatar look more than username to remember who say what)

I couldn't vote anything, as some of you may already know (if reading other blogs), I'm still single.
I didn't have a lot of friends at school, and now I'm 30, and still don't have a lot. I Think there is one from school I'm still in touch, something like twice a year, and a neighbor I never seen a lot.
at my work, they all have 10 to 30 years more than me, and have their own life, even if I managed to convert 3 of them to DS and flashcart gaming
tongue.gif

I didn't go out and didn't even try to meet other people. I'm ok with being alone, and thought for a long time I would bugs people more than make them happy to know me.
I'm still thinking that from times to times.

The only friend I have is a girl from internet I'm speaking with for now 8 years. we met on internet, and never met in real life until last summer when she made me a surprise ^^
She liked the town and region where I'm living and we decided to live together as "colocation" in french, it means co-renting (renting a flat together).
She's not my girlfriend, but we have the same interest. She like computer, internet, video games, anime, japan, US TV program, etc..
I think meeting a girlfriend with those interests all together may be hard, so I'm lucky I've a friend with all those interests and who agree to live with me.
I hope it will be all right living with someone, everything will be new to me, and I wish it will last long too and not just few months while after moving she would want to move again elsewhere.
But maybe as a friend only, it won't be possible to live together too long (if she meet someone else for example, she will certainly want to make his own life).

Sometime I think it's a bad idea, but who care, I can't know it's a bad one if I don't try it. (even if you know it's a bad idea, you still do it ... makes me remember "how I met your mother" episode)

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
even if you know it's a bad idea, you still do it ... makes me remember "how I met your mother" episode
Yeah, was it something like the Platinum theory? When Barney warns him not to go out with Stella, as she's Ted's tattoo remover and they all go through how going out with coworkers was a bad idea. Gotta love How I Met Your Mother
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: