Love is in the air! February Mini-contest! *Contest Closed*

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by TwinRetro, Feb 12, 2013.

1. TwinRetro
    OP

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    [​IMG]

Oh, hi. What am I doing? Oh, nothing, baby... Just showing you how much I love you by giving away this awesome GBAtemp Edition DSTwo . And I have two more to give away this month, so don't worry your pretty little head if you don't with this one. But don't let opportunity pass by. After that, there are no more GBAtemp Edition DStwos. None. Nada. Zilch. We have the last 3 in the wild, so after they have been given away, the only way you can get one is to beg someone pretty pretty please to sell you theirs second-hand.

So, now that we have the formalities out of the way, why don't you go put on something more comfortable, so I can tell you more about this contest, hm? Don't worry. I'll wait. Back? Good.

This time you will be answering a few questions for me. If you could take anyone from a Video Game out on a date, who would it be, and why? All answers are welcome. Funny, sarcastic, creepy, you name it. Just don't go overboard.

RULES

1. All entries must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM PST on Sunday, February 17th.

2. All entries must be your own words. Plagiarizing will result in disqualification from this and all future contests.

3. No sexual content. No fanboy drama BS.

4. Your character of choice must A.) Be from a video game, and B.) Be from a video game not named after another franchise existing before the video game. (Naruto, Spiderman, Teletubbies, etc...)

5. One entry per IP address. One entry per member. (This rule applies to friends, siblings, aunts, uncles, second cousins twice removed, pretty much anyone that would be sharing your IP address) If I catch you cheating this rule, it will be a silent disqualification. You won't win, and I won't say a damn thing.

6. There is no rule #6.

7. I will choose the best entry, in my eyes, to receive the prize. Crying, winging, and carrying on that you didn't win will not make me change my mind.

8. Have fun!

Winner!

ct_bolt and nukeboy95 like this.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    FINE I'LL GO FIRST GEEZE.

Probably Mint from Tales of Phantasia.
    • She's rather down-to-earth, I wouldn't be dealing with the BS and hyper antics a lot of other RPG females seem to bring to the table.

• Is a healer, in case crap goes wrong.

• Shy girls can be cute.

• 'Dat Rack™ (according to Arche's dialogue in the hot springs scene?).

3. Gamer4life

Member Gamer4life I am the Orange Gamer

United States
    I would want to go out with emma altava from the professor layton series she seems like a cool refined girl and is beautiful

4. SirAileron

Member SirAileron Seeker of Truths

United States
    [delete and mod if inappropriate, as this is off-topic]
    Holy god, where did you get that M'aiq picture? And is it in a higher resolution? O_O

5. Narayan

Member Narayan desu~

Philippines
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    biggest i could find.

6. SirAileron

Member SirAileron Seeker of Truths

United States
    Thanks, that actually helps, since the artist's name is visible now. :D

7. mooncow728

Newcomer mooncow728 Newbie

United States
    I would take out Ryu Hazuki from Shenmue. If I took him out I could finally get answers as to how Shenmue ends as the series of events started in 1986 and they are bound to be done by now. Then I could share my knowledge with everyone from the internet and make people sleep a little more easily. Not to mention that bandaid he wears on his face is so awesome! lol It would be fun to check out his collections too. I spent way too much time helping him collect those darn things!

Lucky hit, how about a game of lucky hit. Would you like to try a game of lucky hit? How bout some Lucky hit.

DS1 likes this.
  8. EzekielRage

Member EzekielRage Hero of the Void

Austria
    I had a hard time deciding between Jade (Beyond Good and Evil) and Elena Fisher (Uncharted) but I have to go with:

ELENA FISHER

Elena is the kind of woman I find interesting. She is stubborn and all about whatever she is into at the moment. I like the fact that she has her own mindset and seeks the truth. Same could be said about a few other characters but Elena just has this vibe about her that makes her interesting.
    I think she is a very human and 3 dimensional character, filled with flaws and excitement and that prospect just interests me. Also I'd probably get into somet rouble with Nathan Drake and that is something i am looking forward to :)

9. pwsincd

Member pwsincd Garage Flower

United Kingdom
    I just wanna bone lara . Thats it , no romance.

porkiewpyne likes this.
  10. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    I'd take Samus on a date. And then when she feels comfortable and takes her Power Suit off, I'd take it and run for my life.

11. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    No sexual content? But but, why not? We should be allowed sexual content but only to a certain extent. (I'm not arguing, just stating my view)

12. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    I shall go down the list of who I WOULDN'T bring first and then continue to who I would because at the moment, those that DON'T make the cut seem to be on my mind first.

So it wouldn't be Peach/Daisy/Zelda/<enter lame generic video game heroine here> because let's be honest with ourselves. We want to be WITH them, not have to hunt down people and murder anyone in the way to GET to them.
    Samus is a terrible choice because even though I'm sure we all know that Samus is actually hot underneath her suit, it eventually gets fused to her body rendering any fantasies you could possibly have to be restricted to eventually revolving around some strange biomech stuff which I find some people lacking in the imagination department to make it work, myself included (for different reasons).
    It wouldn't be any of the FF series girls because they are obviously just for fan service and the game could totally hold on it's own without them (hue hue hue hue).
    With the first of characters that come to mind out of the way, I shall delve deeper into the peculiar choices of video game dates, starting with...Ms. Pacman, of which I shall just say, no. Just...no. There are only so many enjoyable things that can be done when your date is a yellow, already married, soul devouring pie chart, most of which is derived from slaying countless innocent souls in our quest for drugs.
    Now what other peculiar choices might I have in mind you ask? WELL, I will spare you the suspense and tell you that there are three other ones in mind.
    Of course, when talking about peculiar choices one should always remember that there are games like Sonic which has humanoid female characters that aren't human at all. None of them have particularly great personalities so they are all out.
    Any girls from fighting games are also out because they are in a fighting game. What do I mean by that? I mean they can punch, kick, slice, and otherwise man-handle pretty much any manliness I could muster aside from my manly tears.
    And last but not least, Jynx. "Jynx" you say? Jynx from what? Surely not pokemon...YES, the Jynx from pokemon. Now why would I not want to date a Jynx, with those big lips, that chest, and otherwise stylish attire? And the only reason I can say is that dating a pokemon with such a round head would ruin any sort of romantic experience I would ever have. For instance, I could be at a diner, staring into the lovely pinprick pupils of my Jynx and then notice, "damn, her head is so round", or I could be reclining under an umbrella at the beach, watching her frolic with the krabs and then notice, "damn, her head is so round". As you can probably tell, this would be extremely distracting.

So now for my actual pick. I'm sure you are all wondering just what poor video game character I would force to endure the living hell of having a date with an individual such as myself and I'm sure some of you would guess that I would totally break the rules and go for an anime character that just happened to have been turned into a video game heroine, or some other extremely scantily clad, extremely well endowed character with obvious mood issues generally designated by one of my niche group as "tsundere". Possibly those who know me on the #CTSS IRC would imagine my choice could also end up with an obviously underaged looking, flat chested, ditzy girl. To be honest, both are quite tempting thoughts :3, BUT NO.

My choice is surprising or not, Sheena Fujibayashi from Tales of Symphonia...and ToS2 if you want to count that...and the Tales of the World series. ToS being one of the few games I ever cared to finish and liked tons (another one being LoD), Sheena was just the character that I instantly liked. Colette is, as I'm sure everyone agrees, a complete ditz to the point of nonsensical levels, Raine is a teacher, so she's out. Presea is like...12 years old...but unfortunately kuudere just doesn't strike me quite as hard as a tsundere. Sheena is quite possibly one of the only reasonable females in the game with an actual personality that isn't pointless or super cliche (though it is a might bit tsundere :3), her chest isn't too much, but it's not flat either, nor is she jailbait. Her clothing obviously doesn't show tons of skin either. Not only that, BUT she is a kunoichi, which totally increases her level of badassery, AND she has a ponytail (if you can call it that) and everyone knows that ponytails increase a person's charm by 36%.

Sterling likes this.
  13. Fluto

Member Fluto A potato in disguise

Australia
    Simply Princess Peach, not because I like her, but instead to slap her across the face and say.
    Princess Peach! WHY YOU ALWAYS GET CAPTURED? and run away from the swarming toads chasing after me.
    YU.png

noob killer likes this.
  14. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    [​IMG]

Chloe Frazer from Uncharted. Because she is exactly what my mum warned me about.

-another world

15. BassAceGold

Member BassAceGold Testicles

Canada
    Definitely player 2 from Pong (non-AI version). Since I have no one to play with, it would essentially be a date with myself.
    • Meals for one. It's cheaper, and I'd get to pick the location.
    • No awkward conversations to fill with my interests that may bore my date
    • No crazy ex boyfriends, or craziness in general
    • When I get bored of playing with myself, I can (eventually) get an actual girl to be my player 2

Coto, Sterling, nukeboy95 and 3 others like this.
  16. pyromaniac123

Member pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

United Kingdom
    I'd go on a date with the pyro from tf2. Once we've had some barbecue, we could both set some people on fire.

17. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    I'd date Birdo. I mean, just look at her mouth! :creep: Wait, she's not a she? Birdo is a transsexual? Oh... I'd still choose he.. him! Just looooooooook at his mouth! :creep:

Simple as that.

18. salnaruto2

Newcomer salnaruto2 Advanced Member

United States
    I would definitely want to date nene-san from love plus.
    why?
    • she beautiful
    • she older
    Nene-san, I love you!!!!!!:wub:

19. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I would choose Samus Aran. She's strong, independent, fearless, and we could laugh for days about how Other M never, ever happened.

Plus, I'm just dying to see her screw attack, if you know what I'm saying.

bowser, McHaggis, ekko25 and 2 others like this.
  20. LuckySteves

Newcomer LuckySteves Member

Canada
    Without a doubt Elizabeth from Persona 3.

She's completely into you, she provides the persona compendium practically giving you all of your power, and she will always make you laugh. ALWAYS. She offered a million yen to the goddess of the fountain and then proceeded to forget what her wish was in the first place. She dances randomly in public and her karaoke is top notch. I would love a date with that yellow-eyed doll.