Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
In the military we would say, only if you are R and she is J. Seriously, you have to be pretty shallow to believe that. However, you may be attracted to the fact that she looks pure and innocent and think it's ok, but no, you are judging the appearance. Of course she/he has to be sexually compatible with your orientation. For me, if Stallone was a girl, I'll be all over him/(future her), eve if he/(future she) does not look like the prettiest girl in the world.

herbanassault

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I believe in it, but it's a super rare circumstance. Sometimes the mind just so happens to be as desirable as the body. I would rate it as a 1 in a billion occurrence, though. Certainly nothing any of us here will ever experience.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I think it has happened to me. But it went love at first sight then -> love/hate relationship -> HAET HAET HAET
Now she's like an ex-girlfriend I can't get rid off. Whenever anyone of us breaks up or stops seeing someone, we often end up together talking about it.

What scares me is maybe in the end, we'll end up with each other. :/

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'd say I believe in it, but it's rare. Yes it's all hormones and whatnot, but so what? The love of my life, the one girl I cared about more than any other... I knew I loved her the first moment I met her. That was ages ago and even though I haven't seen her for years I still think about her on a near daily basis.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say I believe in it, but it's rare. Yes it's all hormones and whatnot, but so what? The love of my life, the one girl I cared about more than any other... I knew I loved her the first moment I met her. That was ages ago and even though I haven't seen her for years I still think about her on a near daily basis.
Because at your ripe old age of 19 all those hormones must be gone right?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, first time I saw my girlfriend, I thought she was cute.. and then I talked her up and stuffs.. and then we got together and all. Love at first sight or not? I have no idea
smile.gif

2dere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Its an interesting idea. The whole 'lust at first sight' is a better one though. I even find it hard for me say it can happen because in my case, it didn't start out as 'love' just 'who-the-hell-is-this-chick-I-must-know-more.' Which, six years later it was only on one side as a question destroyed the relationship...

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I definetely don't believe in "love" at first sight.
I mean, love is such a stron emotion, if you think you love someone you don't really know and you just met, then you probably never loved anyone.
But I do believe in attraction at first sight, that IMO does exist.

Son of Science

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is. I dont judge girls based on there appearance only but heres my thoughts:

(I believe in destiny) Once or twice in your lifetime, you'll meet a woman (or a man for girls n gays). One of the parts of the brain we did not discover yet, is just lusting you towards him/her. Just my thoughts :/

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I definetely don't believe in "love" at first sight. Same as me, I don't understand what people call love as it is only attraction and egoism.
What I think is if you love someone, you will be happy that this person go with someone else, because you want his/her happiness, not yours. That is love.
If you want a person for you only, it's not love but greed.

I mean, love is such a stron emotion, if you think you love someone you don't really know and you just met, then you probably never loved anyone.
But I do believe in attraction at first sight, that IMO does exist.
When someone says "you never loved anyone", I'm thinking about "how do you know my feeling" and "how do you know you loved someone ?".
what you are feeling about true loving might be something futile when you will next encounter someone else and think "That" is love, the previous one wasn't. How can someone know the feeling will not be greater next time ?

And one more thing, People often says "This is the love of my life, the one intended for me, I was waiting this person, not anybody else".
But if you moved to another town, another country, you will encounter someone else and will say the exact same thing "he/she's the one".

To trust in love, I think I will need to accept that this word is used only for hormones reactions and that it's nothing more.
I idealized it since my youth ages and now I think I see it as something so big that I can't find something as big in real life.
PS : I'm 30 years old.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
You do not see the thing itself, but the light that bounces off of it.

You cannot love a person you just met, people are too dynamic and complex, they change all the time.
The best you can do is love your perceived image of that person. No-one is perceptive enough to know someone at first glance.
You might get lucky, they might turn out to be someone you can truly love, but that's not your keen perception, it's luck.
Even when you've been with someone for years, they can surprise you, and turn out not to be the person you thought they were.
Love is still a worthwhile endeavor, but shoot for respect first, and let the love part build over time.

..also, pretty much everything Cyan said in the post above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: