Lots of weird issues with Google Drive lately

Jayinem81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had little weird problems with Google Drive in the last few days.

Sometimes you get a download that says "Quota exceeded" and you can make a copy of it in your drive, well I would make a copy and it would say "Quota exceeded" no matter how many copies I made.

I manage my Bills on Google Docs and I went onto the page and it was empty. I tried to restore a previous version but the page wouldn't load. I tried different browsers my phone etc... just a spinning circle. Eventually it corrected itself and let me restore previous version luckily. I am now managing my bills elsewhere.

Today I looked at it and it says I have 115 GB of storage. I did not purchase any storage AFAIK I should have 15 GB of storage.

Also today every download I've made in the last few weeks reappeared and I had to delete them again.

Get your sh*t together Google.

Last edited by Jayinem81,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Welcome to the cloud. Its a service. ;) Where you cant complain, because if even one in 1000 people does, costs would more than double. Where you cant sue, because you sign all your actionable rights away in license agreements, because if one in 1000 people sues, legal costs would...

Welcome to the cloud. Its a scale based business model. (Low cost per user.)

(if you dont own it... (or its open source) ;) You are a 'user, product or consumer' not someone that would be eligible for support. So you vent on an internet forum. ;) )

The 100GB extra usually should come from owning a device where the manufacturer made a deal with google for a year (or so) of extra storage. That deal is made so people fill up that space, and then pay for subscriptions, when the free period runs out. (Did you recently buy a Pixel smartphone f.e.? (Pixel is a google brand but other manufacturers make those deals with google as well.))

Welcome to the cloud.

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1