Lots of weird graphical glitches in Metroid Prime Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Psycho Sonic, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Psycho Sonic
    OP

Newcomer Psycho Sonic Member

United States
    Note that this is a retail copy. When I try to run MP3 (and I have to alt dol it do so), I get a shitload of graphical glitches. Randomly the screen will be stuck looking either straight up or straight down for 30 seconds at a time. About a minute into the game, a crack seemed to appear on the right side of the screen, as if it were in her helmet visor, but it clearly wasn't supposed to be there. Also, when I open the pause menu I get a painfully loud static noise. I couldn't get past the first 5 minutes of the game because of all this.

Is there a fix for this?

EDIT:

Ok, after installing rev14 (trying to fiddle with getting the pirated version to work, no dice there), then installing rev15 again in one last desperate attempt, the glitches are gone. Very weird.

2. hughjass

Member hughjass GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Very strange indeed, I have no idea why that would happen, maybe someone on here who is more knowledgeable in this kind of thing can tell you?

3. Psycho Sonic
    OP

Newcomer Psycho Sonic Member

United States
    Ok, i found out how it was fixed. I just have to wait for 15-30 seconds once I've turned the game on and loaded the file (for the first time). It seems that the game tries to load too many things when I turn it on. Why this is, I've no idea.