Lots of newb questions such as latest freeshop version

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LufianGuy, Jan 8, 2017.

1. LufianGuy
    OP

LufianGuy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2008
    United States
    I used Pialect's guide from a long time ago to A9LH and Luma3DS CFW my NN3DS XL (way before it was this page):
    https://3ds.guide/

My NN3DS XL is at sys 11.0.0-33U at present.

I just updated my luma cfw using lumaUpdater and it went to 6.6-(stuff) (dev). Is the (dev) part okay? I think I read in other threads that the dev and regular version were merged, so this should be expected.

It says everywhere it is safe for me to update the system if I have A9LH and Luma3DS, but after updating Luma3DS, should I also update my A9LH like it says here:
    https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh

I have freeshop version 1.2.2 (it says in the bottom right screen while loading) and use another app to update my encTitleKeys.bin. After updating my encTitleKeys.bin using that app I tried to find a game in freeshop version 1.2.2 and the game is not there. Clicking the cog wheel for settings in freeshop 1.2.2 doesn't seem to do anything either. I can't seem to find anywhere that lists the versions of freeshop to know what the latest version is, does anyone know?:
    https://freeshop.pw/
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-freeshop-open-source-eshop-clone.426573/

I'd rather not open my system again to get access to the microSD card if I don't have to (I think I stripped one of the screws that holds the back plate onto the system), is there a way to update it without taking the sd card out?

Otherwise I guess I will install the latest freeshop using fbi and hope for the best.

Thanks!

2. Icirrus

Icirrus GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2015
    Somewhere close to my 3DS
    Some games aren't there so don't worry about that. The latest version is 1.2.4. Updating A9LH is advisable along with luma3ds

3. LufianGuy
    OP

Oct 7, 2008
    United States
  4. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae ξίφος εἶδος

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    You don't need to update A9LH, though perhaps you should (depends on how long ago you set it up). You should update your 3DS itself to 11.2.0. The latest FreeShop version is 2.1.4, so just scan the QR code on freeshop.pw with FBI.

Being able to use online features.

Last edited by Xiphiidae, Jan 8, 2017
  5. Icirrus

Icirrus GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2015
    Yes it is just so you can go online but if that doesn't tickle your fancy then no you don't have to

6. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    i know you dont want to access the sd again but you should go to that iso site and get the freeshop v2.1.4 from there (the download includes encripted title keys)

also not really needed but you should update your system

7. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae ξίφος εἶδος

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    This is a terrible idea. They could just Google '3DS titlekeys' and scan the QR code there so the titlekeys always update for them. Getting FreeShop from freeshop.pw is quick, easy, and convenient.

Icirrus likes this.
  8. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    but this will update his freeshop itself as well effectively killing 2 birds

Icirrus likes this.
  9. Icirrus

Icirrus GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2015
    True but the freeshop update hasn't added anything drasticly new so if he just wants to access a few games then he can just use the qr code

wormdood likes this.
  10. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae ξίφος εἶδος

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    I don't want to get too off-topic, but it's not killing two birds at all. It takes a few seconds to scan the QR code from freeshop.pw and the one for the titlekeys, whereas downloading what you're suggesting from that iso site is completely unnecessary, and not quicker at all.

Icirrus likes this.
  11. LufianGuy
    OP

Oct 7, 2008
    United States
    Thanks for your responses again.

I scanned the QR code for freeshop with fbi and installed freeshop 2.1.4 and the game I was looking for is now there. I also scanned the QR code to automatically update my encTitleKeys within freeshop also and it seems to have no problems.

Last edited by LufianGuy, Jan 8, 2017
    wormdood and Icirrus like this.
  12. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    may be true but i remember on an older version (i don't remember which) qr codes did not work for me

13. Icirrus

Icirrus GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2015
    Fair enough. Well it seems like he got it working now so it's all good

wormdood likes this.
  14. LufianGuy
    OP

Oct 7, 2008
    United States
    Thanks everyone.