Lots of corrpution, unplayable games, black screen with sx pro

waytoodeep03 Apr 5, 2019.

1. waytoodeep03
    OP

waytoodeep03 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2017
    United States
    Not sure what is happening here. I am on the latest recommended firmware with sx pro. I think its 7 or maybe 6.2

Anyways some games work as XCI like mario bros U and donkey kong freeze.

Others I get the Checking if game can be played message and then the game fails to open. When I take my sd card out to put more games on it and then reinsert back into the switch the thing doesn't power back on. Its a headache and takes hours for it to finally work again.

Lastly on the games that don't play I get a corruption error.

Are all of these issue because my 256gb Samsung sd card is formatted as EXFAT?

How would I even play some of these games as FAT32 when they are so large?

Last edited by waytoodeep03, Apr 6, 2019
  2. masagrator

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Last question - by splitting them.
    You have many tools to do it on this forum.

3. neav

neav Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2018
    Malaysia
    First, whenever you just bought a new, high capacity sd card, always check it's integrity. It is well known that there are a lot of fake sd card out there.

Fake sd card will show higher capacity then it's actual capacity is. So, it may run fine when you just start using it. But when you store more files and exceed it's actual capacity, then it will start causing a lot of problem/corrupted files.

4. paulzheng

paulzheng GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2013
    China
    you are right. fake sdcard it always cause error in any removable devices, by the way the sdcard's adapter is also need better quality. so sources of the porduct is very important.

Last edited by paulzheng, Apr 6, 2019
  5. waytoodeep03
    OP

waytoodeep03 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2017
    United States
    Yep you guys were right after further investigation i got a fake samsung sd card from korea. SMH

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted