Hacking Lot of 360's

djinc91

The Canadian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since my friend got me into the late mania of modifying and repairing Xbox 360 consoles I bought a lot of 6 from eBay. I have ended up with 3 working ones. A Xenon, Falcon and Jasper. I am planning on buying a CR4 XL and J-R Programmer V2. My question is, is this the best modchip/combo and the recommended console to mod would be the Jasper due to the internal memory and cooler op temps?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Chuck the Xenon or JTAG it if it's on a low enough dash (unlikely)
Falcons aren't to bad, I got a Falcon RGH and the Jasper, deffo RGH it if you're doing it.
CR4 XL is a good chip.

Reactions: djinc91

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jtag or KK hack the Xenon if it's on 4548 or lower (7371 for JTAG)
jtag any of them if they're 7371 or lower
RGH the Falcon and Jasper, replace thermal paste while you're at it

djinc91

The Canadian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay so just for more clarification, I have the CR4 XL and the JR Programmer V2. I am using the untouched Jasper 512mb console. With this combination should I be following the guide for RGH2 or R-JTAG+ ?

djinc91

The Canadian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just one more quick question; After I RGH2 my console is it still necessary, for any reason, to flash the disc drive?

djinc91

The Canadian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At this very moment my JR V2 is on its 3rd read of my Nand. Reads 1 and 2 match. I just did a 64mb dump, is there any reason to do a full dump?

djinc91

The Canadian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for all the help. So I installed the CR4 XL, got my CPU code and flashed the dashlaunch 3.20

It just looks like the standard menu. What now?

Sorry that's super broad.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install freestyledash or aurora, then link the default.xex to the dashlaunch's launch.ini to make it boot up by default (when the system is turned on).

djinc91

The Canadian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well it turns out things were going way too smooth for me. Yesterday installed xexmenu and called it a night. This morning console won't boot. Nothing has moved, I can't understand this. It shouldn't be dip settings considering it was starting so consistent yesterday..

Yellow, Blue and Green are taped down and Power and Ground connections are solid so it could only move on chip side and it looks fine.

Does wire length matter? I used stock lengths out of the box.

Update - if I start the console and move the chip around my P/S goes red led. I am going to redo all the wiring.

Last edited by djinc91,

djinc91

The Canadian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay redid all the wiring, shortened the yellow wire and now I just have the red led on the chip, the green one doesn't show up as if it were glitching.

Update - flashed nand back to stock and have rrod. Guess I messed it up somewhere along the line.

Last edited by djinc91,

djinc91

The Canadian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Found a bridged point and corrected it. Flashed back to stock for now. Flashed my ODD and ordered a Matrix chip, maybe I'll have better luck with that.

D

Deleted User

Found a bridged point and corrected it. Flashed back to stock for now. Flashed my ODD and ordered a Matrix chip, maybe I'll have better luck with that.

Matrix should autoboot

Been having really good results with cool runner rev c and rgh 1.2 falcon and jasper

auto boot 99%

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE