LostWinds Sequel Already! :P

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by CockroachMan, May 13, 2008.

May 13, 2008
  1. CockroachMan
    OP

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    That was fast..

Go to the oficial game site and scroll down a little to find the message:

No further details announced yet..

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I reckon they should just make a full game instead, its got a lot of good reviews and all of which reckon it should be a full game.

3. Sotoro

Member Sotoro GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Lost Winds is great, but really short. I hope the next one will have much more content [​IMG].

4. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    How long is it in hours?

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Said to be about 3 hours long which isn't too bad when you consider the price and the fact that most films (or even games) you buy cost more and last for less.

6. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    10 bucks for 3 hours isn`t as bad as most people might think. I think the shooter on WiiWare is considered to be the shortest. Am I right?

7. B-Blue

Member B-Blue im a slut

Great game, I'm definitely gonna get the sequel! [​IMG]

8. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    already? i haven't even played the first one yet

9. CockroachMan
    OP

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    They could have announced it as episodic from the beginning.. [​IMG]

I wonder if they already have some sales numbers..

10. mikagami

Member mikagami GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Finished the first one yesterday. Really good game. While playing, I was hoping they'd announce a follow-up.

Glad they did.

11. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    You know I really loved Galaxy, and Brawl was a great package for what it was, but I am not lying when I say that LostWinds is the most fun I've had yet playing a game on the Wii. That's probably just my taste, though. I love everything about it, especially its Zen-like atmosphere. The music, the beautiful look...everything sets you up to relax and really enjoy and "grok" the experience. Just a wonderful time, and perhaps the definitive Wii game. A sequel is music to my ears.

12. Mikomaxless

Newcomer Mikomaxless Member

United States
    Of the US Wiiware launch titles, Lost Winds is the only game worth it's points, in my opinion. My Life as a King is fun, but to get the full experience, you have to pay an additional 1700 points. Along with the 1500 download cost, that comes out to 3200 points. It's nice and all, but in essence, it's really just the Sims with FFCC art, to put it bluntly. >_>

Lost Winds is only 3 hours or so long, but it uses the Wii's controls pretty much perfectly. If this was released in early 2007, maybe other developers would have taken it as a sign to develop more stuff like this, and the Wii's game library could be a little more respectable. Hopefully with this, things can improve.

Note, this is all my opinion. =P

13. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I was really liking LostWinds when I was playing it earlier today. I thought it was beautiful, relaxing, had a great soundtrack (shame it doesn't have voice-acting though) and some pretty cool puzzles. Only complaints are that when i saw the screenshots, I thought this looked like a fully 3D game, which would've been awesome. And the same simple puzzles get kinda repetitive. Though that may have just been the first hour I played it for.

But when I started on My Life As A King, I found it as addictive as Harvest Moon (that would be a 10 on the addictiveness scale [​IMG]). It's also deeper than I expected, and I didn't think there would be much story, which thankfully there is plenty of. Generally just incredibly addictive. The main complaint I have is that everything looks really nice, but because of a short draw-distance (or at least I think it's that), it gives it a really weird, misty look sometimes.

Anyways, looking forward to a sequel very much, even though I haven't completed the first one yet [​IMG].