Hacking Lost wbfs drive

BIGGDADDY9ER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all hope someone can help this unlucky father of four get his kids drive back to normal. I sat down to add a game with my son the other day. As I picked up my keyboard it slid and fell. Unfortunately in the process a few keys were pressed and the drive was reformatted!! Ugh heartbreaking. Anyways Ive googled around and found some help here. Unfortunately I am afraid I may have made everything worse. I've tried hex editing in sector 63 changing the zeroes to 1's to correspond with the number of games(187 or more!!!) and the closest Ive come is to have the game counter in the usbloader screen say 126,5,46 but no games to select. And absolutely nothing at all in wbfs manager. Im hoping someone will be kind enough to take me by the hand and guide me out of this mess. Thank you all so much in advance for any and all help. If there is any pertinent information I need to give please let me know.

BIGGDADDY9ER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im terribly sorry for double posting, its been over 2 weeks and Ive had no response and im very desperate at this point. Can someone please help me?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried just reformatting it agian?

if you do reformat please format in FAT32 with 32cluster size and use that for your games WBFS drives are outdated and almost no recovery options. Plus FAT32 has a .WBFS format for games which saves you the same space as if it was on a WBFS drive itself.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
in windows type compmgmt.msc /s in run (in start menu)
and look for disk management and your hard drive should be there you can reformat from there
USE fat32 from now on with backup loaders

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kylster said:
have you tried just reformatting it agian?

I'm guessing he wants to regain access to all his games first, before thinking of formatting and losing everything. I have no help to offer, unfortunately, but as was mentioned, formatting in wbfs is a thing of the past. FAT32 is the way to go nowadays. Also, the time-honored practice of making backups is still recommended. I have over 200 games, on my Wii hard disk, and also backed-up on another hard disk. If something happens to one of them, I still have the other, so no worry. Hard disks are cheap nowadays, so there's almost no excuse.
cool.gif

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you need help just let me know i will point you to all the correct info for backing up everything to FAT32 not that there is much just the right apps. please PM me as im not sure if it's against the rules to post some of the things openly.
smile.gif

BIGGDADDY9ER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I'd like to say thank you for your time and consideration, and Im sorry I havent responded. Between internet probs kids probs n work lol. But yes I am hoping to retrieve the data before reformatting. I was hoping someone familiar with wiims tools could help me out as I am fairly confident the info is still there. Again thanks to those who have responded and hopefully someone has the knowledge to help me retrieve my data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.