Lost saves in EZ Flash 3-in-1

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by triften, Dec 21, 2008.

Dec 21, 2008

Lost saves in EZ Flash 3-in-1 by triften at 9:06 PM (2,745 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. triften
    OP

Newcomer triften Advanced Member

United States
    I just bought an EZ Flash V Plus with the 3-in-1 expansion. My problem is with retaining GBA saves. I can transfer/play ROMS alright, but every time I power off I lose this information (or it becomes corrupted). I have tried both GBA ExpLoader 57 and 58a, and I've used the SRAM patcher in GBATA to load ROMS directly from my EZ Flash kernel. NOR memory seems to hold the games like it should.

Has anyone heard of the 3-in-1 arriving with a dead battery? Maybe it sat in the warehouse too long. Beware of DealExtreme.com ...

I have no experience soldering, and no tools to replace my battery. Is it worth the cost/time to try it myself, or should I order a new 3-in-1 and hope for the best? I welcome any store suggestions (I'm thinking KickGaming.com).

2. john.jingle

Member john.jingle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have the same exact problem and I also believe that my battery is dead.
    I think there are some games that save correctly (but even if you save incorrectly, your save data won't be corrupt, it just won't register your last save point) like Castlevania AoS if you power off your DS and immediately turn your DS back on and start the game.

The battery the EZFlash3-in-1 uses is a cr1220. if you want to solder it yourself, you can probably buy the battery at radioshack (make sure it has the tabs for easy soldering). i have no personal experience with soldering but since I'm in college, I'm bound to find someone who does.

3. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    I ordered one from KickGaming just last week.

I am experiencing the same problem as you.

I have fixed it, but still learning on how to get it to stay (My Saves)

Try doing this:
    - There are 2 SAV Files for you game. One in GBA_SAVE and another with the rom
    - Use the latest of the GBAExploader
    - Load the rom on PSRam mode. That's what I am using.

4. triften
    OP

Newcomer triften Advanced Member

United States
    What are you trying to say? I should have one game's save file in two locations? That doesn't make much sense.

5. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    I'm having trouble with this too. some games seem to work fine but others either don't save properly or just wipe all the gba saves off my card. Racing Gears and Robot Wars Extreme Destruction are the only two games that seem in some way immune to the save deletion. and Racing Gears won't save half-way through a tournament, it simply resets to the starting race. hardly a major issue but an issue nonetheless. I tried writing FF6 to the NOR area (if only to test out the NOR area), saved my game on the world map the first time I got a chance, and my save data simply didn't register. a royal pain in the hole. I want to play such classics as FF1,2,4,5 and 6. The two Golden Sun games. Zelda. but with my save data only holding up if I play the games through my laptop, I'm reluctant to start playing on my EZ 3in1. Although this whole debacle has made me appreciate my Phoenix Wright games a whole lot more. at least my save data for those is safe.

6. Nathan-NL

Member Nathan-NL GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I lost some saves from Mother 3 (English translation) T.T

But I think it was my fault and I suppose my battery is not dead.

My 3-in-1 is bought by a Dutch webshop called: Sidder, but my sisters is bought by DX.
    I don't know if her battery is dead, but I got a 3-in-1 with the new chipset and my sister the old one. (But ordered later ?.?)

7. thiagoauler

Newcomer thiagoauler Newbie

Brazil
    I just bought a 3in1+ and I experienced the same problems!!!
    I managed to work but I don't know how...

But as soon as I updated my flashcart kernel, it messed up again

I guess the battery is not dead at all, just the kernel is not stable...

8. Smartpal

Member Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    I bought an EZ Flash 3-in-1 from DX and it loses the save on some games quite rarely, most games work quite well with no loss of saves.

9. thiagoauler

Newcomer thiagoauler Newbie

Brazil
    I discovered that 3in1 battery was not soldered!!!!!!
    Now I fixed and it's working just fine.... [​IMG]