1. gamerboy114

OP gamerboy114 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I don't know what to tell you, man. The Console Froze. It wasn't making any progress while uploading so I pressed cancel and it completly locked up...I waited and eventually the only thing i could do was hard-shutdown mine PS4. When I checked back, the save was gone. My saves hadn't been backing up automatically due to some form of error I couldn't get around.

That's a fear of mine too. I was never interested in Hacking my Switch. I'm still very afraid of it breaking though since anything can happen. I have NSO, but Animal Crossing doesn't have any save backups for some stupid reason...

Last edited by gamerboy114, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Should just backup via usb.

3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    what's really kind messed up is super lucky's tale doesn't either. that's a mario type clone with a fox. it's just that kind of game, no exploiting to clone items or whatever, yet it's not compatible with cloud saving. it doesn't make any sense. I own the game, and I've beaten it. the only hard part imo was the last boss. short, but good game.

4. gamerboy114

OP gamerboy114 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I mean...It's a little too late for that now and I also don't see what's wrong with using cloud saves if I pay for it via PSN...
    I'm not really sure what Nintendo is on by not having cloud saves for certain games when you pay for NSO. :/

5. zestiva

zestiva GBAtemp Fan

China
    some game can cheat use cloud save, like acnh, you can get infinite resource and the best random content, if not get or send to friend, restore save and repeat it

Last edited by zestiva, Jun 4, 2020
    godreborn likes this.
  6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    afaik, it's to prevent cheating like downloading a pokemon save before a trade after you've traded away a pokemon, then acting as though the trade never happened, but super lucky's tale makes no sense. there is no online as far as I'm aware.

Hayato213 likes this.
  7. gamerboy114

OP gamerboy114 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I get that for more competative games like Pokemon, but Animal Crossing is about as far as competative gets.

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    btw, I got super lucky's tale based on a review on here, temp. there's no mention of this oversight though. I mentioned it to the reviewer.

9. MostlyUnharmful

MostlyUnharmful GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    They applied fucking DRM to my gamesaves, I can't see a reasonable explanation. On PS2 and PS1 was much more simple.

Speaking of lost gamesaves, I can't remember how but it happened three times with "Nier: Automata", I'm not going to play that annoying intro another time... (҂⌣̀_⌣́)

10. qamartheone

qamartheone Newbie
    Newcomer

India
    Dm me

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Kingdom, someone, Hearts